The Twidash Army 570 members · 532 stories
Comments ( 22 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 22
LightningBass94
Group Admin

So, Vertorm just showed me some amazing pictures of Twilight being a mother. Pictures I'd love to show you, but Skype is on my phone, and that's where the pictures are. (I'm on a work computer.) :derpytongue2:

... Anyway, it got me thinking about what kind of mother Twilight would be, Rainbow too for that matter. I think Twilight would be the more hands-on, nap with your kid kind of mom. She would probably work from home to take care of the kid while Rainbow Dash would work elsewhere, but she wouldn't be detached. Twilight would often be the disciplinarian, and Rainbow Dash would side with Twilight on such matters, but when it came to other problems the kid would have, Rainbow would be her go-to parent. She'd be the one to stand up to the bullies and the teachers that treated her unfairly at school. She'd be the one to take her out to play games after school and get ice cream with her just for funsies. Twilight would help her (I decided it's a daughter in my fantasy world) dress for her first date and drive her to prom, but not before taking a million and a half pictures. Altogether, I think they'd be amazing parents. :heart:

What do you guys think? :pinkiehappy:

Nue
Nue #2 · Jun 9th, 2015 · · ·

I think you just further fed my canon of TwiDash

LightningBass94
Group Admin

4449497 Mission accomplished. :rainbowdetermined2: Had you any thoughts on the matter yourself?

Vertorm
Group Admin

So, Vertorm just showed me some amazing pictures of Twilight being a mother.

Wow, he sounds like a pretty nice guy, showing you some nice pictures like that. How nice. And I'm sure he's very handsome. >_>

LightningBass94
Group Admin

4449553 The handsomest of handsome guys. Truly the king of handsome nice guys with good hair and dreamy eyes. :raritywink:

:rainbowlaugh:

Vertorm
Group Admin

Oh you.

FrozenInTime
Group Admin

Good to see where this thread is going already. :rainbowlaugh:

LightningBass94
Group Admin

4449765 Oi. Quit shipping your friends, shipper. That's my job. :rainbowlaugh:

LightningBass94
Group Admin

4449765 And answer the original post, since you're gonna' be cheeky and all. :raritywink:

FrozenInTime
Group Admin

4449788 I'll ship whomever I want! Vertorm x Bassie!

Anyway, I feel like Twi would stand up to the bullies just because no one expects her to.

LightningBass94
Group Admin

4449841 Really? I'm curious how this scenario would play out...

FrozenInTime
Group Admin

4449849 If the bullies were on the larger/older side, she would play all innocent, asking them politely to stop. Then, when they refuse, she reveals that she's a freaking Alicorn and banishes them to the moon for a few days.

LightningBass94
Group Admin

4449859 Lol. Seems a bit over the top, but I like it.

FrozenInTime
Group Admin

4449916 PSH. Twilight has no boundaries...

That sounded weirdly sexual.

LightningBass94
Group Admin

4450039 What you said, what I said, or both?

Right at the beginning, I'd see Twilight being the over-the-top mom who has read hundreds of parenting books and books on child psychology, who then seems lost when the books fail to provide all the answers. I could definitely see her trying to schedule everything in the kid's life at first (Now little one, potty time isn't for 15 minutes yet!). After a while (and with a bit of needling from Rainbow Dash) I think she'd begin to relax into the role a little more. Hopefully her kid like's to read/study, cause I can't help but feel that'd be a big deal to Twi.

Rainbow Dash I think would be really out of her element right at the beginning. Kind of freaking out about how she's supposed to take care of a kid. Eventually she'd get into the groove though, and her little one wouldn't want for anything. She'd be the one to teach her kid how to be "cool", and she'd be more the type of parent who when she finds out her kid is being bullied, would teach them how to stand up for themselves, and then watch like a hawk to make sure they don't get hurt. She'd probably be a little more lax on the school side of things, but she's got Twi to pickup the slack for that.

And of course, their kid would have the ever faithful big brother in Spike :moustache:

FrozenInTime
Group Admin

4450081 mmmboth

4452317 :trollestia:

4452367 This. All of it.

LightningBass94
Group Admin

4452317 :rainbowlaugh:

4452539 That's what I thought too. :twilightsheepish:

4452367 We can never forget Spike. :moustache:

Right at the beginning, I'd see Twilight being the over-the-top mom who has read hundreds of parenting books and books on child psychology, who then seems lost when the books fail to provide all the answers.

I think that this gag has been dead for far too long. And for a good reason. Twilight is no longer the neurotic bookworm that we saw in the first season. While she learned that the books provide the basics, she was shown on too many occasions that she can do well even without their constant aid. The entire point of MLP:FiM is that she learns to rely on her friends more than just her books.

And things like this would hardly make any kind of sense:

I could definitely see her trying to schedule everything in the kid's life at first (Now little one, potty time isn't for 15 minutes yet!).

I seriously doubt that. As much as Twilight likes to have a control over her environment (OCD), she's shown that she doesn't expand any of that onto the ponies. She doesn't try to restrain ponies who she meets 'till that exact second of agreed departure, or tell them that it's not their time to go to the bathroom, or anything in that direction.

On top of that, she should be very much aware that when a pony has to go, they have to go.

Kicking these two out would make Twi just your ordinary nerd mom, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

~Twi

Honestly, I wasn't even thinking about Twi's past book-craziness. I actually based that on what my sister did when she was pregnant and freaking out about what she'd do as a mother. It's actually a pretty common thing for first-time parents, at least from what I've seen.

And I'm sure Twilight wouldn't really try and schedule everything in her child's life. But we're talking about a cartoon, and cartoons are all about the exaggeration. I could totally see Twilight at least attempting that in the cartoon (probably via babysitting or something), and then being frustrated when it didn't work out. Maybe not about the bathroom breaks, but other stuff.

LightningBass94
Group Admin

4453452 While it is true that a lot of first time parents freak out and try to go by the book, you're forgetting Rainbow's presence and influence in the situation. She would be able to calm Twilight's nerves and elicit rational thinking without the aid of books. That's why I just don't see Twilight as that sort of mother.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 22