The Twidash Army 569 members · 532 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
LightningBass94
Group Admin

Hello everyone,

It's been some time since I addressed the group as a whole. I'm doing so, because I've made some changes. I'm sure you've all noticed the name change already. Surry isn't a part of this group anymore. He hasn't been for quite some time, and he most likely never will be. I lost all contact with him over a year ago. As such, it makes little sense for his name to be on the group, and barely more for mine to be there. Did I make this group? HELL YES I DID, AND I'M PROUD OF IT! However, it's not my group. It's our group. This is our hangout, not my pet project. "The Twidash Army" will suffice.

I changed the banner, because damn, this one is so much better than our old one! :pinkiehappy::heart: That being said, I also changed the group avatar. That's not a permanent change because...

CALLING ALL ARTISTS: PERSONALIZED GROUP AVATAR WANTED!

Please submit all prospective avatars to me via PM, and I will decided which to use along with the other Moderators. The winner gets to beam with pride when their work is put on display as the group avatar. Credit will be displayed on the front page, and the rest will be added to the front page with links to their respective artists' pages as well. Everyone's a wiener. :raritywink:

Ava and Adda have been promoted to Moderator status with me. It's not an official status according to the way the site is set up, but it's a completely different job than a regular Admin. We currently have no Admins, and we have slots available. Vertorm will most likely be the first to fill such a slot. We also have slots available for the Contributor position. With Twidashforever suspended for the time being, my sister is the only acting Contributor. Please apply!

Command roles go as follows:

Contributors- Think of them as police. They will try to nudge people toward following the rules without causing an altercation. If that fails, they are not to argue. They are to take the matter to an Administrator.

Administrators- They will act as jury. They will figure out who's right and who's wrong in the event of an altercation. An Admin never has to do so alone if she/he doesn't care to. One can always ask help from another Admin or a Mod to help. When an Admin has come to a verdict, they will bring it to a Moderator to make the final decision.

Moderators- As the top of the chain of command, Mods will carry out punishments of any sort and be responsible for any major change in the group. As well as dealing with updating the group as needed, they act as judges in the event of an altercation or when any rule is broken. Moderators can also veto the initial ruling, meaning that the original Admin would then discuss things with another Admin. If the same verdict is decided upon, then the same Moderator would be responsible for carrying out judgment upon the offender. Under special circumstances or when no Admins are available, Mods can act as the jury as well. There are to be no more than 3 Moderators in the group, and no less than 1(Duh).

If you have any further questions about the roles of each position, shoot me a quick PM; likewise, if you would like one of these positions, just send me a quick email explaining so. Please include a few reasons why you feel you're a valid candidate.

As for the rules themselves, they will need to be updated, and they will be soon by me and my fellow Moderators.

FrozenInTime
Group Admin

"Admin" and "moderator" seem backwards from most common understanding of the roles.

LightningBass94
Group Admin

4440918 You're right, but Admin was already a thing. I needed to distinguish the topmost level of command apart from them. Making people "Admins" on the group itself, but calling them "Moderators" with less power than the Admins made less sense to me. I figured that might be a bit confusing.

Nue

That banner.... Which fic is it from...

IM NOT CRAZY! I REMEMBER READING A FIC WITH THAT EXACT SCENE IN IT

LightningBass94
Group Admin

4441291 I'm not sure. :rainbowhuh: I picked it off of bing images.

Vertorm
Group Admin

*cough*

LightningBass94
Group Admin

4460793 Yes? If you're wondering about the rule changes, it's hard to find a time Ava's on and I have an actual computer available at the same time.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8