Daring Do 630 members · 479 stories
Comments ( 35 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 35

How would Yearling be able to explain in the books how her work exists in the story she wants ponies to believe is fictitious? How would Alhizoto (don't know how to spell that name) use this knowledge to his advantage?

Ahuizotl. :raritydespair:

2558174 Now that is a story i would read, i bet you he would be pissed off about that and might instead write his side of the stories that Daring wrote

2558326 He might have a problem with getting copyrights from her.

2558364 true but it would be very intersting now wouldn't it?

2558450 His side of the story might reveal some sort of troubled childhood he had, which led him up to being evil.

2558605 true he probably wanted to grab all these things just so his parents can be proud of him for doing something, or is probably doing just to make him feel better

His parents may have told him that he was good for nothing and useless, and he wanted to prove them wrong.

2558716 so he decided to track down ancient artifacts and bring them to his parents to show that he is a great son

2558731 Now, I wonder what Daring's reaction would be to reading his side of the story, if this was the case.

2558768 I bet she would feel bad about what happend and will apologize to him for kicking his ass all the time

2558803 And then the Daring Do series would come to an end, just like that.

Unless the two of them decide to team up to defeat a new enemy, who would become the new villain through out the next gen of the series. Or write completely original, not true stories together, and pretend to still be enemies within the pages.

2558837 Nazi Ponies!!!!! lol or that other guy that was shown in the show, i forget his name. Or OR!!! it was all a trick and he did have good life an she felt bad but it was all an act..though i do think nazi ponies would be a better enemy

2558893 Well, after all, Daring Do's character was based on Indiana Jones, and Nazis were a major threat in two of those movies.

2558910 I am actually working on a Indiana Jones and Daring Doo cross over right now, i have everything planned out as well.

I had this thought going through my head after the new episode.

I think she'd take considerable creative license with her books, as in the books are not 100% true to what happened in real life.

For instance she could change names, invent characters, and even set the adventures in the "past" (ie 1930's) to make the books more fictitious.

2558922 On a side note. Have you noticed that Ahuizotl's size is very inconsistent throughout both of the Daring Do episodes. In Read it and Weep, he's only about twice the size as Daring is. In the fight between Daring and Ahuizotl, he's like 50 feet tall, but later on he's become a lot smaller. Does he have a supply of Drink Me potions and Eat Me cakes, or something?

2558971 Its probably the camera angles, like the Lord of the rings, they try to make the hobbits look smaller than any other human. Or he just ha the power to grow different sizes

2559011 Ooohhh...lol yeah he would probably be like that:rainbowlaugh:

2559012 I would have said he had the power to change size, but I just wanted to make a joke.

2559030 And i agree that was pretty funny. Though i has to be weird with having a hand on his tail and controlling it.

2559056 Not for him it's not. He was born with it.

2559161 true but it would be quite interesting to have that kind of tail

Comment posted by SonofaChaosGod deleted Jan 9th, 2014

I actually decided to write a fic on this, and, I'm going to go with the idea of Daring and Ahuizotl becoming allies, and possibly a crack ship fic.

I have a very interesting idea for a joke that could be used involving the tail.

Daring: "Ahuizotl, please get your paw off me. And the other one. Thank you. And the other one."

And have Ahuizotl make a joke about the hand on the end of his tail.

2559493 hmmm that sounds very interesting and it wold be worth it. i would even read it!:pinkiehappy: i shall follow you sir cause i do want to see it

And why would Ahuizotl have copyright? She wrote the books, they're hers.

We were talking about him writing his own book, telling his side of the story. And I said he'd have trouble getting the rights to Daring Do from A K Yearling in order to publish it. Not actually owning the copyrights, no no no. Just being loaned the rights to publish that one book.

Oh, you mean if Equestria had our Disneyesque hellhole "copyright" nightmare? Sure, what the fuck ever. But if it was an actual copyright system, then no. There would be literally no problem.

Hell, even in America that shit wouldn't fly. Ahuizotl could publish whatever the fuck nonfiction he wanted. They're his memoirs, and the Daring Do books are her memoirs. As long he didn't plagiarize the damn thing, it wouldn't even matter.

But Daring created the A K Yearling alias to make her readers believe it was fiction.

Yeah, and her readers don't even matter in a legal battle. I'm sure it would be fairly easy to verify that Ahuizotl was real if he wanted to publish a book. Daring Do would be the one in trouble if she hadn't already told her publisher the books were real. There's already a story where exactly that happens.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 35