The Group Where The Human Isn't A Doormat 1,697 members · 629 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

Now we all have read stories or written stories about our great hero being thrown into the magical world of Equestria.
But when it comes to the idea of defending yourself many characters rely on the pacifist magical way of the ponies (not entirely bad option) or some super power they got the moment they arrived. Not to shit on anyone story, but why is it that not many people want to defend yourself from danger or learn to do it at all? In a world where a lot of monsters and tyrants want to enslave/kill/eat you, isn't it a good option to teach the humble race of ponies the advantage of home defense? the old saying "Peace through superior firepower"? like if a minion from the storm king burst through you doorway in the middle of the day wouldn't be a good option to blow it face off with a shotgun? not to go to the spectrum of full blown violence either, just seeing a lot of stories that the character sometimes acts like a doormat, with no drive to face the dangers of the world quite sheltered, and it's driving me crazy.
Now to those who had taken the time to read this whale of a comment, What do you think?

I think you're conflating things. You're conflating the show with the fandom. The show you have to sell to everyone. So you need to make a story that you can push to the masses, and then you can resolve within the same story. With the fandom you can have more "human" interactions with the story. Unfortunately you have to see what the fandom is. That is socially and emotionally stunted adults/children (not all just, it seems most) who don't understand how interaction Works between people. So normal things like self-defense doesn't really come up. Or I might be just wrong.

In the words of three wise men,
"To have peace is to prepare for war."
"Speak softly and carry a big stick."
"There are just some people in the world who cannot be changed or reasoned with. They are only out to watch the world suffer and burn."

It is not wrong to defend yourself against enemies who seek to kill you and those that you love. So ya, I see what you're talking about.

Like for instance,
If there is a villian in a story, who is only out to kill the main characters, why is it that most won't do what it takes to prevent the villian from coming back?
If the villian is defeated by the heroes, if they do not kill him, he will come back and cause more death and destruction than before.

It comes down to this cruel fact.
Show your enemies no mercy, for you shall receive none yourself.

Thanks for sharing.

You'll have to question these writers directly. To me, their point of view is a human should act like a ordinary pony, and leave the save the world to the six heroine. Even though that their always the main target to be harmed. Thus sadly, these human characters are presented that the passive way by talking problems out is the best way to handle a terroristic crisis, though as they are bleed out from the villain.

It's the, and I quote on this 'The pony way' when it comes to the fandom. (Bleh):pinkiesick:

Kill them all and let their creator sort them out.

Well i kinda see your point but let me ask you this. How mutch war and killing happens between us humans? And how mutch killing and war happens in the show?
From my point of view they have had peace for x years and not mutch fighting so they gotta be doing something right,

And us every human in Equestria is always end up in the middle of something that gets them harmed by ponies. Plus they try their best to live like a down cartoon horse.

Yeah i understand that, but as long there is power there are always someone who try to take all for him/herself, the point I like to show is where as an individual chooses to lay low or kneel, or sometimes not even do anything at all, it's the point of submission that I hate, kinda like a DnD campaing even a pacifist sometimes go through the path of violence to solve a problem

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8