Female Royal Guards 378 members · 155 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

Need something clarified for a story I want to add.

If a story has the character being in the army, does it count as Royal Guard or would it go in the protector category? I ask because on one hand, they are not immediately protecting the princesses the entirety of the story, and it is not their main job to do so. At the same time though, they are a part of the military, and do still have to answer to the princesses for their actions. So I'm asking to make sure I can get it in the right category.

An answer would be appreciated.

Canonically as far as the show goes the term "Royal Guard" comes off as a catch all type of term. There is no discernible difference that has been featured as far as the show has stated that I can speak of.

So it just depends on what you're going for basically.

Usually the stories follow one of these possible theories: the Army and the Royal Guard are separate organizations; the Royal Guard is a sub-division of the Army tasked with protecting the princesses; the Royal Guard IS actually the Army and its members perform different tasks according to the situation. If your story falls in the second or third category, then I think you should put it in the group Mares in the Royal Guard, otherwise in the Mares as Protectors one.

Twifan
Group Admin

Pretty much what Dragon Hunter has said above.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4