Ministry of Arcane Sciences 41 members · 11 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

Plot holes. Every story has them. Some writers will make them neat and decorative, but they are still there.
I have a strong idea on how my FO:E fic is gonna end, and somehow had the first few chapters past mod muster.
I still have quite a few plot holes, and I would really love some help with them.
Potential spoilers ahead.
The Enclave needs access to [secret] portions of a naval base to build something highly destructive. What is it? and why only there? Why only now?
A missile silo that is almost completely automated, couldn't launch in retaliation, but my OC needs to be able to fix that. Or somehow get it done.
That's it for now.

A missile silo that is almost completely automated, couldn't launch in retaliation,

Of course, it can't. Its power supply is long drained. It's an easy fix, though. All it takes is connecting another energy source.

Thanks.
So I'm thinking what happened was that:
The priorities were set to secure the facility, and with it overcharged some force fields, leading to severe damage to the electrical systems. Over time the automated systems have nearly fixed the damage, and my OC just needs to either get the raw supplies, or venture into a unsafe section of the facility to reroute power.

5943100 I'd go for the supply option, else the question arises why the automated system can fix some of the damage but not all of it.

Also, can't you rely on the fact that the facility was never designed to run for such a long time?

Fair points. So how does a crashed ship sound as a source of such supplies?

5943749 Very good. Its energy supply is probably still intact. They build them tough to prevent mid-air explosions. Given that the wreckage is still recognizable, there must have been no explosion, yet.

Ok next question. I need to delay a ghoul from seeking vengeance for about 200 hundred years. The ghoul knew where her targets have been staying at for the last 215 ish years, so why didn't she get her revenge earlier?

5965974 Revenge tastes the sweetest when it's served cold. Preparations needed to be made (you can't build a rape dungeon in a day). The situation had to be just right. Planning was required to get all the pieces in the right place.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8