The Literary Value Group 49 members · 118 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
redoran77
Group Admin

Composite Score: 120

Congratulations yet again to superpony55 for another story that enters with honors!

Main reason for score: Incredible premise with impeccable grammar

With this story I will start a new award, the Twilight's Finest Award for Perfect (or 99% perfect) Grammar.

Wow. That's really all that can be said about this set of poems. I critique hard on poems, but I'm not sure I can really pick anything out that's bad about this one. It was executed well, with each poem being clear and concise and showing a mid to high level of complexity. Many literary techniques like slant rhyme, end rhyme, internal rhyme, alliteration, and imagery were used to name only a few of the most simplistic displayed. The poems in this collection were above impeccable, ranking the highest of any poem I've yet to see in relation to MLP.
I can only think of one thing that I would change. Some of the poems seemed to end prematurely, before they had fully progressed. Although this can be considered a technique by the author that was purposefully used, I would believe that they would benefit more from full progression.
The only reason they did not score above a 125 was because of the premise and stance used in them. Each was simplistic and common, although both were highly developed and explained clearly. The premise I saw that remained concurrent between all the poems was that of friendship and the bonds built thereof. Morals were presented here and there as well, with various meanings.
Even though they had the same simplistic feel I've come to expect from this author, they are great works and deserve plenty of recognition.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1