The Literary Value Group 49 members · 118 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
redoran77
Group Admin

Here is a short list of things that a story should contain if it is going to make the archive. Remember that I, and anyone I bring on board, are not going to just hand out spots. As much as I would like to give every story a spot this is going to be somewhat exclusive. If your story makes it then give yourself a good pat on the back, as it is not an easy task.

The List

Things with a * beside them are required. If they are not found to be contained by a story it will not make the archive, simple as that. ** means it is highly recommended but your story can make it without it.

-Good Grammar* - Not perfect, but you should probably have it proofread before submitting.
-Steady Plot* I mean literary plot when I say this. If the plot dries up for a few chapters, It probably won't make it
-Good Idea*- if your story has been done a thousand times, or is simply a horrid idea, It will not make it (I do apologize if I offend you as using this as my reasoning for not letting you in. It's my opinion and should not be taken to heart)
-Descriptive* - The brown pony jumped. =versus= The chocolate stallion leapt into the air to avoid being hit by the flying pig as it whizzed by only inches away from his hooves.
-Uses good language - Bonus points if you use big words correctly. I mean words of value as well not just that supercalifudge crap from marry poppins.
-Has a good premise** - If you clearly define a premise throughout your plot and wrap it up nicely with a bow, you will receive many bonus points
-Has a central Moral** - If you include a moral to your story (not simple dumb ones something that is actually complex) than you will receive bonus points
-Enjoyable - Although not required, if something is enjoyable to me I'm more likely to add it to the archive
-Classy - Add a * if your story is Clop. This means the story has greater meaning than just the words on the page and the images it produces. It provides under lying feelings that create a deeper emotion in the text
- More to come- Just because its not on the list yet doesn't mean I wont add it

Follow this list and you're golden. I'll ammend this post as I see fit.

Any story being accepted that receives a score above 100 will be accepted "with honors" to recognize the impeccable work at hand.

Awards List:
Twighlight's Finest Award for Perfect or Near Perfect Grammar.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1