X Becomes a Changeling 1,196 members · 460 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

Recently reread this fic
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/78117/the-irony-of-applejack

And suddenly I caught myself thinking.
What if Applejack then told who she was?

For example, when all the ponies fall off a cliff, Applejack catches Twilight and tells her to believe. What if she doesn't catch it in time?
Then Applejack will have little choice whether to let Twilight crash or... Or reveal to the others that she is a strange pony beetle and save Twilight.

Some will probably say what about Fluttershy and Rainbow? they caught her then!
It's simple now they are busy saving Rarity and Pinkie. In the original, Applejack manages to grab Twilight and give them time to save her, but not this time

All stories have one interesting feature. Changelings are revealed only after the wedding.
What if some changelings are revealed on the night of Nightmoon's return?

Just imagine the shock of Cadence (Chrysalis) when she sees that :
1. one of the Elements of Harmony is a changeling
2. this changeling goes brazenly without disguise

7690368 Changelings are humans too! :trollestia:

Then why are they revealed only after the wedding?!
Why are they only revealed after the Chrysalis attack exposed them all as terrible monsters?!

Down with the author's arbitrariness!
Let's break the stereotype! And we'll make Chrysalis fucking sick of it!

It would be interesting if the mane six knew about AJ sooner, some of the plot points would ahve been avoided along the way, for one aj revealing herself early would have caused her hive to begin to draw itself back to her far sooner, and likely would have caused the conflict with the other queens to likewise lkick off sooner, the invasion may not have even happend as originaly set up because chrysalis and the councils attenton might have been elseware...a great many things could have happend very diffrently as a result...
one tiny change early on, so many deep ripples

as for chrysalis invading cause shes sick and tired of it....well there is a story kinda like that but its not cause shes tired of hideing...saving equestria is a story about a well meaning chrysi 'overthrowing' celestia cause she belives the sun princess has gone senile and her actions are needlessly endangering equestria following the events of the season one opener

Recently came a crazy idea because of an abandoned fan fiction where Pinky sister Chrysalis

And what if once upon a time Chrysalis was going to seize power in the hive and expel her sister because of her crazy ideas to make friends with other races. But then something went wrong Sister Chrysalis fell with torn wings into a deep gorge with a stormy river. Chrysalis was trying to find and save her.... but she found nothing and gave up thinking she was dead. But by some miracle she survived and after wandering around Equestria joined the Apple family and then Pie. And taking the name Pinkie Pie settled in Ponyville
Many years have passed and now Sister Chrysalis arrives in Canterlot for the royal wedding and seeing Cadence immediately recognizes Chrysalis. Realizing that Cadence was Chrysalis in disguise, Pinkie didn't panic but decided... that Chrysalis is a Cadence, and there was no love alicorn at all initially, and Celestia is aware that the captain of the guard is marrying the changeling queen. After hearing Twilight's complaints, Pinkie says that "Cadence" is her sister and that she behaves normally because she knows her well.. She also casually mentions that she threw her off a cliff into a gorge and most likely still thinks that she died.
When Chrysalis revealed her plan.. it was awkward. In general, among the Elements of Harmony there was an original conversation on the way to the repository

-So this is your sister? And you look about the same Pinkie?
-Yeah, Twilight is just more pink and fewer holes, and so I'm pretty similar to my sister!
-Yeah, "pretty like a sister," the same sister who's trying to take over Equestria right now?
-Did I mention she threw me off a cliff, Applejack?
-Three times!

After the invasion was stopped they had a looooooooooong conversation

I totally agree!
And now let's remember EVERY story where one of the characters hides who he really is and make them reveal who they really are while searching for Elements of Harmony.
This could solve so many problems that we saw due to the fact that they hid their true appearance.... And create so many new ones! I just can't wait to see the face of Celestia and Luna when they see that one of the guardians of Harmony is not a pony at all! Or for example imagine how ominously Twilight's eyes shine from the opportunity to learn about a new species ..... * The laughter of an evil genius*

another good example being the change series, even if just celestia and the mane six knew it opens the opertunity for chryalis to approach far more openly and simply introduce herself to celestia, explain what happend and what is happening with twilight and request that celeastia introduce the two of them as well as help provide the love energy twilight would need for her evolution from princess to protoqueen

Or, for example, one of those stories where Rainbow Dash is Sombra's daughter (None of which went beyond a few chapters and were frankly bad in places)
Or let's imagine that Pinkie is Discord's daughter... I imagine their meeting as something like an argument. Discord will win and then Equestria will belong to him, Pinkie will win and he will have to learn the magic of FRIENDSHIP!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11