Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
River Road
Group Admin

Now, I've gotten a few comments of ponies people readers who don't understand certain parts of my story, my headcanon about changelings, or the CrystalVerse as a whole. So I've decided to make this page to answer whatever questions come up and maybe some that don't. If you have any questions that you feel aren't answered by this or the stories, just ask them here and I will add them as soon as I can think of a good excuse explanation.

~~~~~

Your story is confusing. Why is your story so confusing? Stop being confusing! :ajbemused:
I think there are two main reasons for that. The first is that "A Canterlot Farce" is intended to stay as close to the original episode as possible, while giving the opposite interpretation. Quite a lot of the story was copied right from the episodes, because I wanted to show that this headcanon actually fits with the show canon and doesn't contradict it.
The second reason is that I like to write between the lines. This has been especially important in this story, since I couldn't give much exposition through the dialogue. Of course, that means that it is easy to miss or misunderstand certain things, and I'll admit that there might still be some things I forgot to add or just couldn't fit into the story without making it seem forced. That's why I'm making this thing here.
So you see, it's all my fault and I'm very sorry.

Why did the changelings invade Canterlot? That seems kinda stupid. :trixieshiftleft:
The two main goals of the invasion was to make ponies believe that the changelings were defeated and wouldn't return to Equestria for some time, and to give them a new impression of changelings - even if that impression might be even worse than the last. Something that I was only able to mention once in the story is that the changelings are already living in Canterlot, and with ponies always being wary of changelings, they had some trouble and pressure trying to stay hidden.
The bigger problem, however, was the image the ponies had of the changelings. The image had been stuck in ponies heads for over a thousand years, and something like that can't just be changed for the better in a few weeks. Or years. Or decades. It's sad and frustrating, but you know that it's true.
Their best chance, as they saw it, was to give ponies a new image of changelings to replace the old one. This one might be even worse than the one ponies had before, but it's still fresh in their heads. More importantly, it is based on the invasion - which had many intentional flaws and plot holes in its planning - and would hopefully be much easier to dispell.

But I thought ponies didn't even know about changelings before the invasion. :unsuresweetie:
That one is actually a fancanon. I've watched the episodes several times (trust me, it's not as fun as it sounds) and this is what is actually shown in them:
- Princess Cadence knew what changelings are. Whether that was because of general knowledge or because of Chrysalis' passion for boasting is for you to decide, but for my stories I'm going with "general knowledge". Applejack doesn't seem to make the connection to changelings, but that might either be because somepony impersonating the Princess on her wedding day seems too strange for anypony Not-Pinkie to make up on the spot, or because Applejack as a farm pony keeps her education to more practical things.
- "Remember, they're changelings!" It's debatable whether Twilight knows that changelings have the ability to shapeshift and expects her friends to have that knowledge as well, or if she just remembers that Chrysalis impersonated Cadence and assumes every changeling has that ability. Once again, Rainbow seems clueless, but this is Rainbow "Danger" "Not-an-egghead" Dash we're talking about.

I disagree because I'm stupid stubborn I'm afraid I cannot accept your reasoning, old chap. :moustache:
That is your decision and I accept it. It is also the reason why I added the part about the hunch in the story. In my opinion "hunches" are something very powerful in the world of Equestria, and you should never just ignore them. They're how many ponies get their names, some ponies get their cutie marks, and they're what makes Pinkie Pie Pinkie Pie. (They're also what makes other poofy-maned ponies Pinkie Pie, like Surprise Party, Cheese Sandwich and Emporio Ivankov - though I feel like I'm forgetting something about the last one...)

I have a question, and it wasn't answered here. :fluttershysad:
Then ask. I'll do my best to answer it, or have a mental breakdown because you took apart my whole headcanon.

Everything you explain in here makes total sense and should clear up most questions. Well done Sir :moustache:

oh! :facehoof: That explains everything.

Looks like I'm going to have to be the spoilsport. Don't get me wrong everything makes sense (sort of) but there seems to be a flaw in the reasoning. If the invasion was to give them a new perspective on changelings why have it be even worse one. All the changelings living in Canterlot (and beyond) still need to cover their identities because of the "invasion." They still need to be wary which was one of the things this was supposed to fix. Also where is this new interpretation cuz it seems to me that at the end all the ponies seem to still believe that changelings need to steal love to survive.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5