A Game of Thrones Fans 118 members · 19 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
Rubyfire377
Group Admin

Ok we all know Robb Stark died by I got to ask do you think he would of won the War if he did not die I what to know what you guys think of this

Hmm, even though I'm biased to say yes, the answer is possibly not. The Twins would aid the North in delaying Lannister troops, and aid the funding of the war, but Walder doesn't care about any of that, he cares about himself. Robb was brash and rarely listening to his generals, like killing Karstark. He had lost Winterfell to Theon, and later, Ramsay Bolton, Robb had little experience, and he was going up against Tywin for one thing.

Rubyfire377
Group Admin

3874733 if my memory serves me well didn't Russia use the Winter to beat Nazi Germany

Rubyfire377
Group Admin

3877114 I am saying that Robb could of used Winter to his advantage and he would of won the War

3874571 A Military victory, I'd say he had a strong chance, but politically? Like his father before him Robb is not the most politically minded person. That's part of the reason for his downfall, like his historical counterpart Edward IV of England, he marries for love, ignoring the political consequences of doing so. Whilst marrying for love is a noble and preferable goal, being so blunt and careless in his actions this angered one of his most important allies, Walder Fey, leading to an opening for Lannister Assassins. If he had won the war, two things could have happened, one he gives the Throne to Stannis, who sees the newly formed Kingdom of the North as rightfully his along with the rest of the Seven Kingdoms. How long before he attempts to reclaim the other half of his kingdom? And would the North and Robb allow it? Would this be the start of another war? Second if Robb claims the Throne he would have to face of against Stannis, the Lannisters, then the Greyjoys, then potentially the Targaryens, not to mention trying to win the support of the Southerners who are still opposing the Starks (believing all the propaganda on the Northerners being thrown their way by the southern Families). If they survive that what's to say the mechanisms of someone behind the scenes like Petyr or Varys won't influence or destroy the Starks hold on power. I like the Starks as people, but as politicians they are generally awful (I'm not insulting their intelligence, merely pointing out their weaknesses). The best Politician in my opinion is someone who can play the game yet still has strong moral standards and fights for the good of the people and the country.

Rubyfire377
Group Admin

3877211 So basically Robb would have the same problem that the Queen Cersei is having right now in the Feast of Crows and a Dance of Dragons what she is going she is going to bring House Lannister to ruin which that would be a good thing sometimes even do I don't what anything to happen to Tyrion or Jaime maybe but Queen Cersei should just die

3877239 Basically yes, he'd be pretty much screwed. That's the Song of Ice and Fire for you, those who get caught up in the Game of Thrones are never free from its grasp. Nations and houses rise then fall and the wicked and good are punished equally for failing to play. Every action has consequences that affect entire nations. Every decision, no matter how small, has a purpose and the bigger and more influential the players, the higher the stakes. Politics is like a game of cards, you must never show your opponent your hand, lest you risk losing the game.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11