Human History in Equestria 11 members · 4 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Well for me being born in Northern Florida and raised in the "Gateway City to the South", Atlanta, the South runs through my veins.

Like any country on this planet we all live in different regions that have there own unique culture and that's definitely applies to the United States, particularly its southern part. Here we don't consider ourselves "Yankees", we say 'y'all' and all that, and we bring our own blend of Americanism to the mix. We were America's musical heartland: home of 'Rock and Roll', Blues and Jazz; a land of geography: From New Orleans to St.Augustine, from Miami to Norfolk, from the Blue Smokey Mountains all the way down to the Great Mississippi River from Atlantic to the Gulf, from the pines of Georgia to the river valley of Mississippi. A place of colorful people, from the Scots-Irish who settled the Appalachians and the Cherokee who had lived there for much longer to the French Cajuns of Louisiana, from the Cubans of Miami to the Mexicans of Texas, from the Irish of Savannah to the Africans who, though under oppression, had their own influence on Southern culture that must be rightly recognized.

A land of history: from the Mississippi Cultures who once had great cities along the Mississippi long before Europeans to De Soto and Ponce De Leon and their Conquistadors who traveled through the Southeast to English and French colonization of those lands. The American Revolution, westward expansion, the War of 1812, the Trail of Tears, the American Civil War, Reconstruction, the Great Migration, and the Civil Rights Movement. As well as many famous people including Davey Crockett, George Washington Carver, Robert E. Lee, Little Richard, and more.

Now after regaling all of you about southern pride i ask this question: What if Equestrians were to have been at these various moments?
What if they encountered Ponce DE Leon while he was on his search for the fabled Fountain of Youth?
What if they were present at the critical Battle of New Orleans and saw the Herculean attempt by Pirates, Frontiersmen, Creek Indians, and various groups to defend the city from the powerful British Army?
What would they have done about the Trial of Tears and the forced eviction of Southern Native American Tribes?
How would Luna and Celestia react to the "War between Brothers", the American Civil War and what it did to families across the nation?
Would they have helped out the African American Civil Rights Movement in the 60s?
Would they have enjoyed Southern Music, such as Blues and Bluegrass?

There are some many possibilities and I wish to challenge all of you to think about stuff from your own homelands and regions as well and think of some more possibilities.

Here is a sample of some southern music for you all to enjoy (from all peoples of the American South!)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1