Doomsday(Dark Fic Group) 112 members · 111 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20
Zorphius
Group Admin

Corruption is the dominance of a person's life by Evil. Nothing of this world is truly incorruptable. We are all vulnurable to the temptations of Darkness. Against it's full force we stand no chance. And it is not only people that can be corrupted. That which was meant for good has been misused more than once in history. Even on this website there is a great example of this. I'm sure you know what I talk of. I am talking of clopfics. The show upon which we base this website was meant for little children, to teach them the value of friendship. We have turned such an innocent thing into one of the most publicly despised things. The thought is both despicable and enticing. Even the most purest of intentions can be twisted, filled with Evil until it is unrecognizable. Robbed of its innocence. Corrupted to the point of no return.

Evil can be subtle. It will start by tempting you with little things, like fibbing or stealing a candy bar from a store. Then, when it has it's grip on you, it pulls you deeper, and deeper, and deeper into sinful acts. It will tell you that it is already hopeless for you, that you must forever live a vile life. And you believe it, those words become truth.

Everyone has the choice. To resist or to give in. Both choices will have definite effects on your life.

Dropbear
Group Admin

Not really.

I mean, I'm a high-functioning Sociopath with violent tendancies, that's just how i've always been. Now, does this make me evil?

No, it does not.

However, it does mean that i'm far more likely to commit 'evil' acts then someone who feels empathy for those that they will affect.

Now, does corruption ruin a person's life?

Yes and no, I mean sure you can look at heroin junkies and say 'well, there's an example'. However, you can also look at the most successfull business people and I will bet my left nut that corruption is rife with them. I forgot the exact percentage but I believe that at least 87% of highly-successful businessmen/women surveyed were diagnosed as sociopathic. They achive success partly because they go to all lengths to achieve their goals.

Now, onto the more direct topic of clopfics.

Personally I do not partake in them, most of them I think are trash. However, I have enjoyed a few romance fics (what's this Dropbear? You're in a dark fic group for Hell's sake!) I know, sue me, but some have included clop scenes. I can tolerate these as they tend to enhance the fic usually.
Hell, when I was ten I was reading serial killer novels with rape/sex scenes included (my parents didn't care as long as I was reading instead of playing video games) and they didn't really disturb me much.

Think about it, the average human could probably face Equestria's most sordid outrages (someone parking their cart too close to the sidewalk or something) and go, 'meh, this one time there was a pedophile who got stabbed 67 times by an elderly lady in the street...'

Let us face it. We all have read a clopfic out of curiousity once and I can say I've done at least three times since some people mislabel by either saying it is one or not putting it is one. Doesn't help that some groups I'm in allow every type of story no matter what.

Dropbear
Group Admin

I know I've had to review a few and of course since i'm an admin in a review group check to make sure the review fits the rules when someone else does one.

3111205 yes but the tittles don't help either and I'm ashamed to say I like some of them

Dropbear
Group Admin

Eh, I wrote a (implied) scene in a fic where a human and a changeling screwed on Cadence's bed because the changeling hated her and wanted revenge.

Good taste is not something that i can claim to have.

3118554 same here but I don't like stories where humans are in Equestia. Not a big human fan actually. I'm from Mars and we will bring order to this chaos filled world.:pinkiecrazy:
WHACK!
Sorry about that. I have a small part of my mind that thinks its an alien. Need to knock it out every once in a while.

Dropbear
Group Admin

Pfft, my humans are alien... sorta.

Think AU earth where they pretty much form an Evil Space empire, absorb alien empires then start to conquer alternate universes.

The MC is a bit insane, violent and occasionly kind. No emo brony self-insert here.

It confuses the hell out of ponies. Also all are dark comedies so I can get away with a lot.

Comment posted by Prince_Dark_Bane deleted Mar 18th, 2014
Dropbear
Group Admin

What can i say, that shit sells like hotcakes.

Plus evil space british, what's not to love?

Dropbear
Group Admin

Tea drinking psychpaths for the win!

Comment posted by Prince_Dark_Bane deleted Mar 18th, 2014

3119170 I think insanity won this round and I believe we are both on this side.

Zorphius
Group Admin

But do you do it with evil intentions? Not just to be mean or to have fun, but a more sinister purpose for what you do? I believe that it is sometimes the intention, not the act, that makes it evil or wrong. Here's an example: two children mow their grandparent's lawn on the weekends. However, one does it because he's kind, and the other does it to get paid. Which one is wrong?

And as an response to your second statement: you can never get away with what you do without consequenses. When you commit violent or evil acts, people do not like you as much as they would a peaceful person. Now you could argue that some people get away with their acts. And I would argue that they cannot escape from what they do, even if they die. Now I am not talking just about some afterlife where we are punished for our sins on Earth. I am just saying that you cannot get away with what you do. There has and will always be consequences for what you do, good or bad.

Dropbear
Group Admin

I set fire to a school sign years ago and no-one knew it was me. I feel no remorse for it and nothing has happened. Now that may be low key but people do get away with evil things, it's just that if they do you don't know because they got away with it.

PARADOX!

I get where you are coming from with the definition of evil but to be honest my lunchbreak ends in fifteen minutes and a debate on human morality and social expectations would take hours and I doubt we'd get anywhere.

Zorphius
Group Admin

Guilt and remorse are part of the consequenses.

Dropbear
Group Admin

Once again, sociopath. I have no guilt or remorse.

Zorphius
Group Admin

You did when you burnt the sign. Either way you have been corruptted.

Dropbear
Group Admin

I was born corrupted. You don't develop mental issues like that.

Zorphius
Group Admin

For the heart is corrupt above all things...

I suppose you are right...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20