Herd / Matriarchy Underpinning 542 members · 152 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

I don't see any discussions under this group yet so let's see if I can't get one going.

What are your headcanon's? since you found your way here you obviously have the Herd / Matriarchy Underpinning going for you but what are your specifics? How big are your herd sizes? social dynamics? population dynamics? Where do male vs female rights go? How does Celestia keep her royal guard harem? Let's hear all those little tiny nuances that make your headcanon just make so much sense to you. :pinkiehappy:

Though I enjoy herd/matriarchy stories, I'm very much aware of the differences between them and the show. I guess my main headcanon is that Equestria used to be hugely matriarchal, and that while it is now more committed to equality some traces and holdovers remain. Rather like a reverse of the real-life Western world, I suppose.

I tend to follow my own ideas, but for the most part I follow Xenophillia on this; a herd of 1 guy and up to 3 mares, or 2 guys and up to 6 would be the norm. That being said, 1/6+ herds would still happen, with say, 4/2 herds being heard of but uncommon and looked down upon (Hording the stallions, the nerve!)

In addition I can also picture 1/1 herds where the female shares her husband with her friends, but they're not an actual part of the herd.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3