Amateur Artists Unite! 417 members · 81 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

I don't have admin rights in this group at the moment, but if I did, what kind of changes would you like to see in it?

A banner is the first thing that comes to mind, and I'm already working on a replacement Art Program thread.

The tutorials seem a bit scattered to me, and could probably be consolidated into less threads.

There are things on the front page that could use fixing up, and maybe redoing the rules. We probably should remove the dead link to an artist that's ready to help out. :unsuresweetie:

There's only one folder in the group. Not sure if we need more or not.

And obviously we could use to promote the place around a bit. Any thoughts or ideas?

https://derpibooru.org/1740999

--Sweetie Belle

There are a LOT of tutorial stuffs. I'd categorize it and put each in a separate tutorial thread; I don't want wing anatomy when I'm looking for general bone structure.

We can attempt to repair broken tutorial links by checking if pictures' sourced web pages are archived anywhere and doing an image search to find new links.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

There's only so much we can do on the image finding. Any broken images at derpibooru, you can sometimes find by just taking the number out of the link and going to derpibooru.org/<number>, though. If it's broken because it's a duplicate, it may take you to the copy that was kept. (It might also just tell you it was deleted because of a takedown notice...)

Some of these tutorial threads have so many images that losing a few isn't really an issue, though.

It would be nice to have them better categorized. One thing that's possible is to have a master thread, and link subthreads in the master thread, and have the master one stickied, but not the ones linked to...

--Sweetie Belle

It would be nice to have them better categorized. One thing that's possible is to have a master thread, and link subthreads in the master thread, and have the master one stickied, but not the ones linked to...

I was thinking that myself, but that didn't make it into my post. Maybe even have a representative picture for each thread in the master?

Interesting of about the Derpibooru link repair. Missing pictures just make me wonder what was supposed to be there.

I'm starting to think we should model after SFNW.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Mostly the number is the id of the image, and I've had enough times that I've had to fix broken links there when I linked to a recent image that got uploaded multiple times that I've got the hang of fixing 'em.

An example picture might make things easier...

--Sweetie Belle

https://www.deviantart.com/sorcerushorserus/art/Let-s-Draw-Pony-Wings-Tutorial-3-550329580

I found a wing tutorial, otherwise there's nothing readily handy in the posted tutorials.

Rule idea: One thread per WIP picture.

Such a rule would double as a recommended way to use the group. People following it could give feedback at different points along the way.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8