kilala97 Fan Works 1,173 members · 177 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
LuminoZero
Group Admin

So, a bit of background story to this one. I play Final Fantasy 14, quite avidly. Lately, I've been raising Chocobos to race, cause I find it fun. So here's what you have to know about the system for it.

When you get a new bird through breeding, all you get to see is it's color, it's hereditary ability (a skill passed from its parents) and it's parentage. You don't get to see its stats until you register it as a racer. You have to name it before you register it, so you are naming a bird based off of color, skill and a guess as to how its stats might be weighted. Mine was lime green, so I was looking for a word like Emerald or something for the first word.

Names are done by selecting names from a HUGE list of terms, to prevent people from doing really unreasonable ones. You can still get some highly inappropriate names, though. Well, I couldn't find Emerald (in a Final Fantasy game? o_O ) but I did see 'Turquoise'. Feeling amused, I decided, WHY NOT?

All of his stats have the maximum possible cap, except acceleration. So he's slow to start, but once he does he's a gunshot. Also, amusingly enough, his hereditary power is "Level headed" which means he won't lose control in races. A nice powerhouse that starts slow, but doesn't let anything get to him.

Sometimes, these things just fit together. :rainbowlaugh:
-Lumino

I AM DISAPPOINT AT THE LACK OF EMERALD AS A NAME CHOICE.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2