Coco and Marshmallows 163 members · 21 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

totally not copypasta'd from the AppleDash group nope what are you talkin' about

What is RariCo Prompt Tag? It's a game, and here's how you play it:

Someone will start off by posting a 100-500 word mini-fic about Rarity and Coco. At the end will be a one word prompt. If you would like to write a 100-500 word RariCo mini-fic relating to that prompt within the next four hours, comment right away to claim that prompt. Post the story when you finish, and add a one word prompt at the end for the next people to claim.

Simple enough?

Just to make sure everything is clear:

* The mini-fic can be in any style, any tag, AU, humanized, whatever. It can be a cute scene, a snippet of conversation, or an excerpt from an Equestrian history book. It's not expected to be preread or proofread, and if you've never written before that's just fine. Just try to keep it rated teen or lower and make sure it's 100-500 words of fiction about Rarity and Coco and it relates somehow to the prompt you claimed.
* Claim prompts with a quick post responding to the last post. Just the word "claimed" is fine. When you finish, make a post with the mini-fic and the next prompt.
* Your claim is valid for four hours, to keep someone from accidentally holding things up all day. After four hours, another person could post a claim for the same prompt. If you ran out of time, and no one else has claimed it, and you still want to write it, just go ahead and reclaim it.
* In the event that people become confused, and two fics are posted for the same prompt, the first one posted contains the official next prompt.
* Please include a one word prompt at the end of your fic. There are lots of words, and they can mean lots of things, and it's up to the next writer what they want to do with it.

First prompt: Design

3616695 F:trollestia:ck giving my followers updates, I've got marshmallows to write!

Claiming Design

What is AppleDash Prompt Tag? It's a game, and here's how you play it:

They always miss something when copypasta'ing Bookplayer's post and editing.

3616695 And here we... go.

Hot Coco and Marshmallow: a RariCo Prompt Collab

Design

Rarity woke with the sun, as per her standard. Her trade was one of hard work and imagination, so the earlier the start the better.

However, while Rarity usually woke bright and chipper, today she woke groggy and sluggish. The unicorn opened her eyes briefly before screwing them shut tightly and pulling the silken sheets over her head, trying to will the sun back down and herself back to sleep. After that proved to be a rather fruitless endeavor, the unicorn instead tried to remember why it was she had stayed up so late the previous night.

Sweetie Belle was staying the week with their parents. Vacationing on some tropical islands far to the west in the middle of the ocean. Unfortunately, air travel and Rarity didn’t get along very well, so she had stayed behind.

Which had proved to have a silver lining in the form of a visit from Coco Pommel. The cream-colored mare had come by for a surprise visit. The two had chatted at length about various things: Coco’s life since Rarity’s last visit to Manehattan, current trends in the fashion world, latest projects, those sorts of things. The discussion had eventually run into more personal territory, with Coco asking about Rarity’s latest romantic escapades. Oddly specific, but the fashionista indulged her friend.

She was currently single of course, what with her work and her commitment to her friends. When she returned the question, Coco had admitted to being single as well. Working for Suri wasn’t exactly the best thing for her love life and neither had been her workload following her leaving Suri’s employ. Rarity forgot exactly what had transpired afterwards, as Coco had brought some wine with her and the two had been nursing it for some time, but she remembered Coco somehow letting slip that needle threaded the other way.

Of course, not wanting to make her friend feel too uncomfortable, Rarity had admitted that she had had her dalliances on both sides of the cloth. Or thread. Or something sewing related metaphor. Why she had though this would make things less awkward is something to be blamed on the wine.

Following this, Rarity tried the age-honored and Twilight Sparkle approved method of moving what was looking to be a sleepover along with asking Coco to describe her ideal mare. And some where around the fourth or fifth blatant description of her, Rarity picked up on the fact that Coco had been describing her.

Being rather flattered, Rarity asked what Coco would do if this mare felt the same way. And Coco responded by shoving her tongue down Rarity’s throat.

One thing led to another and rarity vaguely remembered collapsing sore but satisfied on her mattress, Coco snuggled against her. And that brought her to here and now. And here and now, Rarity was groggy, still sore, and worse of all had a terrible case of bed-mane. And while the current absence of Coco did concern her, the lure of attempting to fall asleep again was rather strong.

Luckily, an aroma wafted into the room, the pull of its alluring scent awakening a stronger desire within the unicorn.

“Coffee,” Rarity mumbled, tumbling rather ungracefully from her bed. She barely had the sense to put on her robe before slowly but surely, she made her way down stairs, happy to find Coco, who seemed to be already awake and scribbling in a notebook, in her kitchen with a steaming pot of coffee nearby.

“Morning darling,” Rarity yawned, making a beeline for the coffee pot. After fumbling for a moment with her magic, Coco graciously slid an already filled mug her way. Rarity mumbled her thanks before chugging the precious liquid. It was hot, very hot, but not hot enough to burn her tongue or throat, thankfully. Rarity managed to steadily place her mug back on the tabletop once the caffeine began its work.

“You’re a life saver, darling,” Rarity said gratefully, smiling at Coco.

The mare blushed, nervously tucking a lock of blue mane behind her ear. “Thank you, miss Rarity,”

“I think we’re a bit past miss, Coco,” Rarity said softly, reaching out and taking Coco’s hoof.

The other mare blushed. “Thank you. I… apologize for last night anyway. Wine makes me rather bold.”

“And fortune favors the bold,” Rarity recited, using her magic to refill her mug.

“Yes, it does.” Coco blushed a little harder, looking away from Rarity and scribing a few more lines in her notebook.

Rarity kept smiling, taking her hoof back to grip her mug with both hooves. After a long sip, she peered at Coco, noting the other mare look presentable already, despite being up just as late at Rarity.

Hoping her blush wasn’t too noticeable, she spoke. “So, how is it you’ve gotten up earlier than I and yet still look better?”

Coco giggled. “Blame these past few weeks working day and night on orders. I’ve conditioned myself to go more than forty-eight hours without rest.”

Rarity giggled a little bit. “Quite impressive. What’s your secret?”

“Coffee, what else?” Coco said, raising her own mug.

Rarity grinned and nodded. “It’s helped me finish more than a few projects.” she took another sip from her mug. “So, what is it you’re working on now?”

“A personal project.” Coco looked up from the book and smiled. “Would you like to take a look?”

“I’d love to, dear.”

Coco tucked the pen she had been suing behind her ear and spun the book before sliding it over to Rarity. The unicorn began reading the notes, many of them scribbled over and crossed out. It was a few moments before Rarity realized that this wasn’t a design for a dress, but rather one for a confession of love. Various plans, some complete with doodles, had been conceived all over the page, only to be crossed out and discarded in favor of a different approach. Near the bottom of the page, ‘Just go talk to her’ had been written and underlined. Scribbled in the corner was ‘Bring wine’.

Rarity giggled again and turned her attention back to a very flushed Coco who was grinning none the less.

“Not a bad plan, it would seem,” Coco said, nervously trying to tuck an already tucked lock of hair.

Rarity smiled and got up form her seat, coming around the table to Coco. She planted a soft kiss on the mare’s lips and whispered, “No, not at all.”

Next prompt is Thread.

3619141 Claiming Thread

Rarity read Coco's newest letter one more time, glancing fondly at the spool of rainbow thread on her shelf before she got up to start packing.

Since the Fashion Week incident, Coco and Rarity had been exchanging letters. As such, she knew all about the Night Of The Stars, a fashion showcase in Manehattan that weekend. She had wasted no time in sending for an application by means of Spike, filling out said application, notifying the girls, and generally preparing. Any addition to her resume was a good one, after all, and it meant another chance to see Coco in person.The train would be arriving at three-thirty, and it was three right now.

"I probably won't need much." She murmured to herself. "At least two suitcases, one for the outfits I'll be presenting, and one for my own possessions. Just a formal dress and some jewelry to go with it, and of course my makeup kit..." Rarity was lost in her own world when Sweetie Belle knocked on the door.

"Come in."

"Rarity, it's three-fifteen." Sweetie Belle pointed to the clock hanging over Rarity's work table, which indeed read three-fifteen. "And I made you something." She lit her horn and levitated from atop her back a small basket of sugar cookies. "For you and your friends to share."

Rarity took the sweets and nuzzled her sister. "Thank you so much, you really are a sweetheart. I've got everything I need, there's my purse..." She added a small cross-body bag to her appearance. "Oh! And of course I'll be taking this." She pocketed the rainbow thread.

Next prompt: Scandalous

I'm just going to leave a few more prompts here in case anyone wants them:

Twirl
Cat
Mystique
Rustic
Serpent

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6