Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

So after going through my backlog of Devientart notifications I came across these:

And I was wondering if anyone has written any stories yet about them being implemented in Equestria? Maybe something like this comic:

https://pre00.deviantart.net/4506/th/pre/f/2018/011/d/f/potty_license_by_northern_haste-dbzmtk9.png

For those wondering you can generate a potty license Here

An interesting idea. Which characters do you think would have them? And what would the punishment be for unlicensed pottying - indeed what does the licence allow in the first place?

6757638 the potty license determines whether or not you are allowed to use a toilet. If you don’t have a potty license then you have to wear and use diapers until you get one. To get one you must pass a potty training test. There are 6 classes depending on how well you do on the test:

1. T- Toilet (allowed to use the toilet and ware underwear)

2. TP- Toilet Provisional (allowed to use the toilet with Caretaker assistants and wear underwear)

3. P- Pullups (allowed to use the toilet with Caretaker assistants must wear pull ups)

4. D1- Diapers, Age 5+, potty training in-progress (must wear diapers, can use toilet with Caretaker’s promission. Mostly issued to kids but can be issued to teens and adults)

5. D2- Diapers, Age 5+, Potty training failed (must wear diapers, not allowed to use the toilet until they start potty training again, can not start potty training until license expires. Mostly issued to kids but can be issued to teens and adults. Teens and adults with this license are to be treated like little kids by others)

6. D- Diapers, Age <5 (Must wear diaper, not allowed to use a toilet. Normally issued to babies less than 5 years old but can be issued to teens and adult if they fail potty training 5 times in a row. Teens and Adults with this license are legally babies and are to be treated as such, and is issued indefinitely)

There are also 5 restrictions that can be placed on a license:

1. B- Diapers required at bed time.

2. C- Chastity’s Required.

3. D- Double Diapers required

4. P- Pacifier required.

5. S- Stuffer Required.

If you pass the potty training test with a T license then you can apply to be registered as a Caretaker to take care of those who have lower license classes.

Interesting. The social sanctions seem a bit harsh (especially D-) but I suppose they're supposed to be motivational? And punishment for cheating would presumably be being bumped down a level - but what would stop you just cheating on that?

So more specifically now - which licence classes do you think the Mane 6 are? Or the Young 6?

6760747 Well the licenses would mostly be for out in public where it would be harder to cheat. At home it would be up to a registered caregiver to determine punishment and toilet use.

As for the main 6 I was thinking:

Pinkie Pie: either a D1 licence with B and S restrictions or a P license with an S restriction.

Rainbow Dash: a D2 license with D, P, and S restrictions at first and maybe being demoted to a D license.

Fluttershy: a T license with no restrictions and registered as a Caretaker (Rainbow Dash’s Caretaker)

Twilight: a P license with an S restriction.

Applejack: a TP licences with a B restriction.

Rarity: either a P license with B, D and S restrictions or a D1 with a D restriction.

A few ways the need for potty license to come into effect could be:

1. from the discovery that half of equestrian was never properly potty trained and those ponies have been faking it the entire time.

2. A disease or curse has spread across Equestria that undoes the potty training of those effected.

3. Either Luna, Celestial or both need diapers and being unhappy about the situation decrease that everypony must get a potty license and those without must wear diapers.

What would the proportions have to look like for everypony to have a registered Caretaker though? Who would be the earthponies/unicorns?

Well some would double up with caretakers and I would see most caretakers being family members/friends of the lower level license holders.

So maybe one of the Cakes for Pinkie and Granny Smith/Big Mac for AJ ... but the unicorns?

6763114 cadence for twilight and a doubled up with fluttershy?

Fluttershy doing Rarity is plausible (although I somehow doubt she could assert herself much if needed) but Cadence isn't really in a position to be checking up on Twilight or assisting her whenever she needs to go.

6763501 depends on when the story is set. If it’s before season 3 then nothing canon would really be stopping her and shining armour from taking care of her and if it’s during or after season 3 I never said they had to stay in Ponyville.

True. It just seems like only a minority of the population could ever be under the full-time care of another - that's why it works for babies, because there are a lot less of them than adults. (Also, they don't have their own jobs and stuff so they can be kept in convenient places.)

6765137 well it would all be up to the author really on the ratio of those with T licenses and those without. And OC’s can be easily used to balance out ratio too.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13