The Monthly Contest Club 335 members · 51 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
ThatOneWriter
Group Admin

My apologies for the delay. I had two of the entries done on time, but finals and procrastination prevented me from getting the third one judged. However, I do have input from Icebox Froggie, the other admin of the group. Here are the scores for each fic (My scores in parentheses):

Not So Pink-ie Pie:
Fitting the Prompt: 5/5 (5/5)
Humor: 2.5/5 (4/5)
Quality of Idea: 5/5 (5/5)
Execution of Idea: 7/10 (7/10)
Spelling, Grammar, and Punctuation: 4.5/5 (5/5)
Icebox's Score: 24/30
My Score: 26/30
Total Score: 50/60
Review here.

The Day the World Turned Lavender
Fitting the Prompt: 1/5 (2/5)
Humor: 2/5 (3/5)
Quality of Idea: 2/5 (5/5)
Execution of Idea: 4/10 (4/10)
Spelling, Grammar, and Punctuation: 5/5 (4/5)
Icebox's Score:14/30
My Score: 18/30
Total Score: 32/60
Review here.

White and Pink:
Fitting the Prompt: 4/5 (2/5)
Humor: 4/5 (3/5)
Quality of Idea: 4/5 (4/5)
Execution of Idea: 6/10 (7/10)
Spelling, Grammar, and Punctuation: 2/5 (3/5
Icebox's Score: 20/30
My Score: 21/30
Total Score:41/60
Review here.

So, in summary, Not So Pink-ie Pie is our winner! That will be added to the contest winner folder.

One short note: I think I may reevaluate the way I write prompts. I leave them relatively vague to allow more room for creativity, but I suppose I left this one too vague. We ended up with two transformation-related stories, despite the fact that I had intended for it to be about Pinkie only changing color. I'll likely be more specific with the June prompt.

I must be hallucinating again, because I think it says I won.:rainbowlaugh:

*rereads the page*

Huh. I think you made a typo, because it says that I won.:rainbowhuh:

I thought the idea was to be vague; I took it to be any way Pinkie would look at the mirror and find herself a different color; at the spot I thought about food poisoning (:pinkiesick: -> she is green here), pranking (I've seen at least two fics where Discord changes Pinkie's color, not to mention more prosaic ways), poison joke, past lives (Surprise is white), some haywire magic or magical item, cooking related accident, body switching, parallel dimension, etc.

I do have a tendency to, when given a prompt for something like this, avoid anything that I think will attract most people. Or at least I try to. Which is why I immediately discarded the idea of writing about a prank when I saw the prompt.

And, if I do get the story for this month's prompt in, it shouldn't be what the prompt directly suggests either (though, I hope, it shouldn't be too outlandish; I've already discarded the idea of AJ finding Uncle Orange stuck in an apple tree).

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3