Ponyfinder 101 members · 25 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

I am new to pathfinder. I have played D&D before just not path finder and I know path finder was originally based off of D&D 3.5. So I was wondering if character creation was the same in pathfinder as it was in 3.5 of D&D. If so how do blood lines work in pony finder do the other pony blood lines' stats just replace the earth pony stats? Is that it or are there other changes to the character creation process? In addition, when i read the handbook for pony finder it didn't really go that far in depth into classes like D&D books usually do, so do i have to use a pathfinder book for the classes or did i misread the pony finder book?
I must seem noobish to most of you but i have never done path finder because of most of these questions and i didn't have time to put into reading another hand book and didn't want to

If some one could provide a character creation checklist or guide thred or something that would be perfict so this could be deleted if this is clutter or if an admin sees this and i am breaking a rule or some thing i just kind of joined in haste in hopes of getting help making characters

Yes, the pony variants with stats replace the earthbound stats. You do need the Pathfinder rules to use Ponyfinder, since it's just an add-on. However, the Pathfinder rules are free! Pathfinder Reference Document

5016215 The pony variants without stats replace "Unique Destiny" which is the pony bonus feat at level one.

What Albedoequals1 said; the variants list what racial attributes you lose in exchange. Other than that, Pathfinder is very much like 3.5 D&D. A few of my friends refer to it as 3.75, as it has the more streamlined setup of 4th, with 3.5 rules as a base (example: chucking Hide & Move Silently and Spot & Listen for the unified skills of Stealth and Perception). I rather like it myself; not really a big fan of 4th or 5th. One thing I enjoy about Ponyfinder is the setup for non-humanoids. I've always liked playing weird build, so getting effective rules for quadreped races made the purchase worth it, even though I'm the only brony in my gaming circle.

5016301 thank you this is just what i needed

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5