Bronies For Christ 249 members · 118 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

The Lord Jesus came down to us, fully God and fully man. He taught us the way of God, and at His time was betrayed and was crucified for our sake, that sin might lose its grip on those who believe and love Him. He defeated death and rose from the tomb, and was seen by several women and later by his apostles, along with five hundred at one time. He arose to God's throne and is seated there, awaiting the time for His return.

If we forget that the "bread" of our faith is that Christ died upon the cross for our sins and rose again, then we forget the Reason for our faith. We must remember the Reason we believe; no good works or busyness or anything whatsoever can replace our relationship to the Lord Jesus, and when we remember who and what He died for, we remember God's love for us. While we were in rebellion against Him, Christ died for us (Romans 5:8), that we may share eternal life with Him. Nothing else could truly and permanently restore our relationship with our Holy, Holy, Holy Creator. And while punishment for sin is just and righteous, we must remember that our all worthy God took the penalty we deserve and paid it Himself so that we wouldn't have to bear eternal punishment. All who love Him and believe shall be rescued from eternal torment and has passed from death to life (John 5:24).

In the words of Max Lucado, "Remember the Bread," i.e. remember the cross and Christ's death and resurrection, always.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. May the Lord Jesus save, watch over, guide, and protect you all.

Inspired by chapter 4, "Don't forget the bread," of "Outlive your Life," by Max Lucado

"15 Faithful is the saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief: 16 howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me as chief might Jesus Christ show forth all his longsuffering, for an ensample of them that should thereafter believe on him unto eternal life. 17 Now unto the King [i]eternal, [j]immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory [k]for ever and ever. Amen."1 Timothy 15-17 ASV

Very well said my friend.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2