The Good Crossover List 1,277 members · 209 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

I write a lot of fanfiction. Like, it's what I spend most of my free time doing. Ever since I started watching FiM, I've been throwing around ideas for what horse-based fanfiction I could write. Most of it had been done before, others I just couldn't come up with a solid plot for. Then I got a really, really awful idea. I call this awful idea, "Twilight Sparkle vs. the Multiverse".

The basic premise is, after being approached by a creature from another dimension, going to this dimension, solving the creature's problem, and returning to Equestria, Twilight decides to open up her friendship-magic-spreading-powers to the entire multiverse. This automatically allows for crossovers with everything from Steven Universe to Digimon to Sonic the Hedgehog to Dungeons and Dragons and everything in between.

I write fanfiction both to entertain, and to practice different writing techniques and genres. TSvM (as I'm calling it) would be primarily touching on a genre I've never put any focus on: Mystery. It's a genre that I'd like to begin writing more with. In each story, Twilight and all/some of the Mane SIx (maybe rarely accompanied by Spike or Starlight) travel to another dimension to try and figure out what's going on there. They figure it out, save the day, befriend the dimension, and return home. Not every story will follow this pattern, but most of them will.

Each story would have a title following the pattern, "Twilight Sparkle vs. X", and the description would state which number book in the series it is.

I'm posting this here because I'd like some feedback. Do you like this idea? How could I improve it? And, if and when I finally get to writing it (as I have a lot on my plate at the moment), what would you like to see from it?

The biggest thing holding me back right now is that I have no idea what I want the first book to crossover with. I've come up with a few ideas, but I can't think of anything good for an opener...

5347055 That sounds fantastic. Great potential for comedy, too. If I was doing it I'd alternate between silly and serious universes to keep the series fresh, but otherwise go nuts.

Good luck, hopefully it goes better than most of the multiverse-crossover style 'fics I've seen. Just make sure to shake up the formula regularly or else the novelty wares thin quickly.

Comment posted by Spookyrus deleted Jul 9th, 2016
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4