G3 Shall Rise Again 47 members · 18 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

-G1 Spike started as an evil minion, was the butt of several jokes (like getting hit in the head by a volleyball), was Lickety Split's abuse victim, set off the traps meant for the ghost in paradise estate, and generally had the brain power of chowder.

-G4 Spike is neglected and mistreated by the writers, his feelings are ignored in favor of a mary-sue owl, he's ignored and even has his feelings exploited by the object of his crush (rarity), and even in the plot that's supposed to build him up (power ponies) he's still treated like a joke. I mean, why didn't he turn into a superhero that exploited his natural ability to BREATH FIRE? His only readeaming moment was his saving the crystal empire.Twilight's 1# assistant is apparently too worthless, too greedy and to stupid to do anything useful, got shown up by an owl, acted like an idiot when it came to being AJ's servant, is too stupid to set fire to creatures made of WOOD that are attacking him, too greedy to even bake his own gem cake, turns into a monster that smashes ponyville Godzilla -style, and he's to scared to light a torch.

-G3 Master Kengrowth Gilsopttum Heathspike is a posh, competent dragon with a funny sense of humor, whom the ponies respect and go to for advice. He knows a lot of history and lore, and is very intelligent. The only time the plot took advantage of him was when he pulled rainbow dash's cart of suitcases, and most of the time he's very well presented and is on the ball.
He is a leader and advisor, instead of a servant/baby/ butt of jokes at his expense.

I personally like the G3 incarnation the best, but I'm open to the opinion of others. What do you all think?

I agree. G3 Spike was awesome.

Each Spike has their own flavor.

oh, don't get me wrong, G1 Spike was still fairly decent. But much like all of G4 now, my personal opinion of it's spike is YECH! :twilightoops:

4579214 My name is *censored* and I approve this post. :pinkiehappy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5