MoWverse 353 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
tallestbrony
Group Admin

This forum is for an in depth look into the social and historical background of The Dragon Hierarchy: 4130 for Man of War. Though every topic may not be looked into completely at this moment, additions will be added as time goes on. If you have any questions, or wish to have something brought up, feel free to post a question.

Elder Dragon Hierarchy

The dragons of Earth can be divided into seven groups: Fire, Earth, Water, Ice, Air, Magic, and Mundane. Each of these groups are lead by a single dragon Elder who has mastered their chosen element. These elements are not the sole governing elements that dragons follow though. These are simply the groups that a dragon has been able to master.

Dragons go through three stages of life. Hatching; from when they hatch to about three to twelve years of age (on average). Adolescent; when a dragon first begins to acquire their innate magical abilities. And finally, adulthood; when their natural power matures and the dragon has reached its physical limits. On average, most dragons don't make it past the hatching stage. Even fewer make it past adolescence, for many reasons. Hunting, arrogance, starvation, competition, ect.

For the few that have made it into adulthood, they tend to follow a path. These paths may vary, but universally they represent what the dragon believes at heart. Some pursue riches and treasures, Mundane. Others seek out the deepest crevices on the ocean floor, Water. In the end, if the dragon reaches the end of their journey and understand what they seek, they become one with that path and become an elder.

The Elder dragons are among the most powerful creatures on the planet. They cannot be killed by conventional means. A dragon may become an elder in any element of their choosing, the main six are the only ones where dragons have succeeded. The Mundane grouping is used to describe those that have not chosen a specific path or have given into their greed.

Dragon greed marks a dragons transition between the stages of life. What they crave will vary from dragon to dragon, and more often than not this is the stage where most dragons die. Oddly enough, if a dragon is about to become an Elder, they go through this stage as well. This is why many of them have become Elemental in form.

Dragons have two migration periods. Once every hundred years they leave their homeland in the Southern Badlands and seek out their mating grounds. Female dragons can only conceive once a century, and often will choose somewhere in line with their beliefs. Secondly, once every other century the Elders will convene with their followers in Moots to discuss worldly matters. During the last Moot, the dragons of the seas decided that the Goblin Empire was getting too large, and sent a tsunami over their entire country, to site one example.

Though the Elder dragons differ in many aspects, they do follow one ancient rule. Power over all. Bolas has ruled over the dragons for millenniums, and for the most part has never been challenged. Here are the Elders in order of power.

Bolas

"I am Power. I am the next evolution in dragon kind. Look to me in awe and trepidation. Nothing will stand in my way. No mountain, no sword, not even Time can stop me in my quest for True Power. May the stars grant mercy on your pathetic souls."

Frost

"There's a chill in the air. Something is coming, I can feel it. The Frozen Forest grows every day, and with it so does my domain. Let the mortals squabble with their petty little dealings. It won't matter when they succumb to the cold."

Urza

"I've been to the lake of fire, I've swam with the Earths heart, I know the fire that burns in all of us. They say ashes to ashes, but I know what's at the core. Even the stars burn with that same knowledge."

Kiora

"Puny little vessels, claiming to have tamed the sea. Such arrogance. I am the waters guardian, it's keeper and protector. The ocean is my mother, and she will not be tamed. Keep your eyes on the stars, or find yourself in her murky depths."

Zendikar

"Another city sprouted on my back during my last nap. It was a shame really, but I've had enough of this view. They scream when their walls crumble. Odd really. you'd think they'd remember that mountain walking in."

Zarek

"There's a storm brewing, something big is coming this way. There's electricity in the air and the winds are stirring. It's been awhile since the last big one, can't wait to see what happens this time."

Just realized that Bolas is an all powerful Dragon in Magic the Gathering. So if that is a reference to the card game then you have just become my favorite writer. Urza to is a character in the game but he is not a dragon. Urza was a wizard/inventor who build artifacts (magic powered robots, weapons, time machines...) Like I said if these are from the MTG game you sir are a legend in my eyes.:pinkiehappy:

tallestbrony
Group Admin

4187156 The names are. I'll take some of their lore, but it's mostly the names that I'm using.

Brony on!

Magic!
I particularly enjoy the card game known as magic.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4