The Derpy Army 346 members · 189 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

I need help. I've read a few Derpy stories, and I have a couple of Dinky Hooves stories that feature her, but how do you write a decent story about the Muffin Queen Derpy? I feel that I need to write something about one of the best ponies pony, but what should I do? Something dark? Comedic? (I mean, Derpy is a bubbly character excuse the pun about her cutie mark!) I'm just lost. I think I need to read more fanfics.

It would seem you need to take your pick.
A. Is she a loveable goof like Homer Simpson?
B. Is she a tragic everyday hero that finds hope and humor as she struggles through life as a disabled single mother?
C. Is she an oblivious catastrophe that is tolerated because she obviously never intends the harm/damage she incurs?

Type A. and B. have the most potential IMO, as C. seems to be a one-dimensional comic-relief archetype.

Make your choice and build on that.

Thanks for the help!

For whatever my reply was worth. You're welcome!

To me she's a bit tragic, but I love the little pony, so I always want a good end for her.
If your inspiration is lovely and bubbly, I'd like to read it.

I have a couple of stories on the go, but I have a feeling that I'll be writing a Derpy story once they're finished. Of course, I'll be adding it to this group!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5