Brony Discussion Center 116 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Some years ago I found a page in one of my school books about something called character virtues. I do not remember who it was that wrote them but i think it was Socrates. I wrote them down and now I thought it would make a interesting subject to discuss.

The virtues are divided in three categories: Elementary, Social and Intellectual.

The Elemental virtues are: Courage, Mindfulness, Self-confidence, Moderation, Energy and Patience.

The Social virtues are: Friendship ability, Compassion, Kindness, Loyalty, Tenderness, Justice, Authority Respect, Dignity, Group loyalty, Generosity, Willingness to compromise, Responsibility, Commitment, Interpersonal skills, Communication skills, Honesty and Humor.

The Intellectual virtues are: Wisdom, Abstract thinking ability, Aesthetic judgment, Self-awareness, Empathy and Openness.

The point of the virtues was to make a list of things we as humans like in ourself and others. Thats why there are two "uncertain" Elemental virtues: Beauty and Sexiness. It is true that it is easier to like someone that looks good but it's not part of your personality.

So we have 29 virtues (I do not count the uncertain ones). We can have fun and add one more:

The Spark: Magic.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1