Warriors of Equestria 1,781 members · 1,454 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

What would happen if you have a Spartan as a legionnaire? Like say, a Spartan went through Roman training since childhood along with some Spartan training as well, and then put him in a legion.

Depends. What era Roman Army are we talking? Early era? Republican era? Imperial Era? Or Late Imperial Era?

And how much training does said Spartan have in the Greek mode of warfare?

This, exactly this.

Rome at its height, and the Spartan is being trained in the way of the Spartans with the tactics and skills of the Romans.
(I just edit that thread a bit.)

So Early to mid Imperial Era.

Spartans were generally trained from Childhood in Military tactics and how to fight in the classic Greek Style. There wasn’t anything particularly unique to it that differentiated it from the training of other Greek Armies of the era. Except the people being trained were children as opposed to Older Teenagers and Adult Men.

The only real difference between a Spartan and another Greek Soldier was the Spartan was better drilled and more effective in functioning as a unit since they were essentially drilled since birth to be a soldier. As opposed to their compatriots who were probably in their late teens and early twenties when they received training.

In this instance the classic Greek style is replaced with Roman style tactics.

What you’d likely end up with is a Legionnaire or group of Legionnaires that preform above Average. May even have the makings of Centurions, or even Praetorian Guards if they live long enough and impress the right people.

Your not going to end up with a Super soldier that can slaughter 80 people without breaking a Sweat.

I’d hardly call the Greek Spartans super soldiers. Certainly well above average, but not super.

I was clarifying any misconceptions he might have since a disturbingly large amount of people regard Spartans as Ancient Super Soldiers. In large part due to media like 300.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8