Warriors of Equestria 1,781 members · 1,454 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

The Astra Militarum (Imperial Guard) has got to be the most diverse force. Thaousands of regiments from different planets with their own uniforms, weapons, culture, and tactics. It amazed me how few Imperial Guard fanfics there are in FimFiction, and all of them are just about either the Death Korps of Krieg or the Cadian Shock Troops(though, this is understandable since they're both quite popular). What about other regiments? The Catachan Jungle Fighters, the Armageddon Steel Legion, the Elysian Drop Troops, heck, I bet Rarity would love to have a Preatorian gentleman in her life.

There may be other fanfictions with other regiments, I may not know. If there are, tell me about it. Honestly though, I think we should start writing about other guard regiments.

(Also, just out of curiosity, is there any military force that is diverse as the Imperial Guard? If so, who)

.any military force that is diverse as the Imperial Guard

Depends how you define “Diverse”. There are Military Forces that are Diverse In species. Diverse in sheer number of cultures? I can’t particularly think of any that could rival the Imperial Guard though.

Either one I guess, whether by species or by cultures. The only forces I think of would be the military of the Covenant Empire and the aliens of XCOM, being diverse in species. However, the Covenant's cultures are more or less assimilated into one, and as for the aliens from XCOM...well, there's not much known about them.

I can think of the Pre-Disney Legends Imperial Remnant/Fel Empire. New Republic. Quite frankly many Military forces in Star Wars would be quite diverse species wise. If not necessarily culturally.

Oh that. I forget about that. Anyway, if you were to be part of a guard regiment. What regiment would you want to join?

Ideally: Praetorian Guard.

Realistically: I’d probably end up in a penal legion over pissing someone off.

Ideally for me would be the Terrax Guard or the Harakoni Warhawks.

Realistically, I would probably just end up in some conscript regiment with a cheap copy of cadian equipment.

Probably Semtexian Bombadiers.

You're likely to be assigned to an Artillery Unit, meaning you're generally somewhat safer than the average Guardsman.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8