Twilight Sparkle Protection Agency 213 members · 374 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

We all know and love Twilight the purple Unicorn.
Then came the Alicorn princess.
Only she has been seen in just about any and every type of Pony to date.

What is making Twilight into Twilight?
We saw her withing or with a limp horn on occasion, just as we saw her with wings or as the near Diety status at the fourth final.

So, the question is what is making her into Twilight, just as much as it is what we love about her.

Twilight is a character with many facets. Typically when asked these things, people tend to answer that her character is "smart". However, I feel that does a disservice. Twilight is Book Smart. She knows a lot of things, and is rarely taken aback by new information, but often has little practical knowledge about any given situation, that meaning first hand, in the thick of the action experience. This leads to another character trait, curiosity. Despite not having tons of experience, Twilight is very open to experimentation. When she finds something new, or comes across something that conflicts with her knowledge of the world, Twilight will want to test it, to see what makes it tick.

Twilight is also stubborn. Not as much as Applejack, but still very thick on her stances. Where she stands on an issue can be changed or swayed, but she's very factual about it. She needs hard, indisputable facts about a situation before making a judgement on it. That said, Twilight also has a bit of an edge to her, especially when contested by others. She's kind, yes, but definitely not above slipping in a few verbal jabs. Although she holds it back at times, Twilight has a powerful snark, and she's not afraid to use it.

Lastly, for me, is that Twilight is very skilled at planning ahead, but she cannot improvise well. When her plan begins to go awry, she tends to panic rather than adapt well. She also tends to stress over the most minute of details, often getting herself worked up or stressed over little things that no one but her would notice. That said, she has an eye for detail, and is highly observant to her surroundings.

Have I left anything out?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2