The Perpetual Discussion Group 138 members · 58 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

So I have two besties in the real world, let's call them Daria and Mabel for now. We're all fans of Pony. And we happen to like Equestria Girls. As such, we've been hyped for the sequel, which comes out in a week. I want to watch it as soon as possible, and so do they. My initial plan was to find the nearest theater and the three of us could go together. But Daria goes to school in Riverside, and she won't be able to catch it with us during the theatrical runs because she'll be busy packing and adjusting to dorm life. In addition, I'm part of the SoCal brony meetup site, and I haven't been to a meetup in a while, not to mention seeing a movie like this with like-minded people is just awesome. Anyways, there's a group gathering to watch Rainbow Rocks at the very theater I was looking at, on the day it opens to boot!

So problem? Mabel. See, the whole reason i go to these meetups is to expand my social circle and meet other people. If I bring along someone I already know, I'll just be tempted to stick with her and not bother to talk to anyone else. But if I see the movie WITHOUT her, at least at first, it makes me look like a b:twilightblush:. I'm thinking of just seeing it with the group first, then inviting her over for a second viewing (as I did with my brother so that he could also watch), but the problem is that the theater is at least a 30 minute drive from where we live, and my mom might get annoyed if she has to drive us up to a theater just to watch a movie about ponies. Again.

What do I do? :applejackunsure:

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

I sure can't tell you what you should do. But I can tell you what I would do, if that means anything to you?

I value friendship over movies.

Don't take that the wrong way, I would go see a movie without one of my friends in a heart beat, especially if I had a chance of meeting new friends. Why I said what I did earlier, is simply because I don't worry about movies and friends enough to hold the first time showing as anything special. Because it's not.

To me, I would love to tick of my mom again to see a pony movie with a friend, even if I already saw the movie. (Ya, I do have a mom who can put up with me rather well.)

So, I would go see the movie as a meetup, then go see it again later with my friend, despite what my mom thinks. (I sure hope you are over 17, because I would never give this to anyone younger than that age.)

Don't worry, I'm college age. :pinkiehappy:

I don't think people will be too upset if you stick with Mabel: If anything, being there for a friend who's been your bestie for a long time, and has never been part of the group before, would actually be the nice thing to do.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4