The Fluttershy Fan Club 734 members · 1,048 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

Hey, everypony. So I just thought I'd share this little blog I wrote that defends Fluttershy's episodes and counters some of the backlash she receives for growing as a character. What do you all think?

I'm sure someone else has said this either on your blog or elsewhere, but I believe the main reason people feel this was a different kind of victory for Fluttershy had to do with the reason behind her actions.

In many of the other "Fluttershy conquers her fear" episodes, (i.e. Dragonshy, Putting Your Hoof Down), Fluttershy wanted to change something about herself to be more congruent with a 'normal' level of social interaction. In both episodes, this change was also prompted by her friends, who wanted to prove to her that her fears were unfounded.

In Filli Vanilli, Fluttershy offered to fill in discreetly for Big Macintosh because singing in public was something that she really wanted to do, but was held back by her stage fright. It's a matter of conquering her fear in order to do something that she loved rather than conquering it to be less afraid or anxious of social situations.

This episode made me love Fluttershy even more. I didn't even think that was possible.

2876968 What makes her fear episodes unique is that they each tackle a different kind of fear, with a different motive to go after each one. But I think people are just seeing how the theme of the episode is the same, but not the actual story or morale. At the end of each "Fear Episode" Fluttershy always gives a different reason why you shouldn't be afraid and how you can get there.

I love fluttershy in every episode she's in the newest was no different and infact made me love her more.

People who hate on her episodes just don't appriciate how much she has grown since her first appearance;
She's taken on dragons, minotars, discord and her own stage fright. Considering that in her first appearance she couldn't even talk to twilight and now she can sing infront of others and give her all for her friends i'd say she's grown alot.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

It's also worth mentioning that Fluttershy's adorableness levels in this episode were superhigh.

2883973 What else is new, Elric? :yay:

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

I mean high even by Fluttershy standards!

2884007 I think this helped raise the bar much:

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

Definitely. She was moving at top speed right off the starting line.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10