Vent 127 members · 74 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

So, I'm actually venting about I problem I've had with the show. So, the end of Magic Duel. Twilight and friends trick Trixie into giving up the Alicorn Amulet, and they...give it to Zecora to keep. The kid-friendly mix of Majora's Mask and the One Ring, and they just...hold onto it. They don't even try to destroy it, and they don't have the excuse of being corrupted themselves. They just...keep it. :ajbemused:

Funny thing, I'm in the middle of writing a chapter of my fanfic where this comes into play. You thought Trixie was bad with the Amulet? My fic has it get stolen by a guy who's powerful and insane (not to mention completely sadistic) to begin with.

5057596 They should hold on to it. Mane 6 don't have the elements anymore and that rainbow power is more or less random. What if Discord tries something, for instance. That amulet could do a lot of good even with the risk of corrupting the user.

5058684 Nope. I don't trust anyone to just give it up after they're done using it. More importantly, as you'll see in a fanfic I'm writing, they're just asking for it to get stolen. It's like the mother stone from Amulet (if you've read those graphic novels). The elders of the city Cielis held onto it, thinking to save its power to face some threat, but the MC's great-grandfather warned them that the fear that made them hold onto the stone (instead of destroying it) would ultimately destroy them. Skip ahead to the series' present, and what do you know.:facehoof:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3