Canterlot Wedding Blues 551 members · 346 stories
Comments ( 39 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 39

What if Twilight and her family are secretly the heirs of a German empire/Prussian style nation across the sea from Equestria
while they are not evil militarists plotting to take everything over they are slightly more knowledgeable about military tactics Technology logistics and slightly more focused on military history

Twilight would be slightly more strict focused and would not have the less than zero incident

Shining armor would rise through the Royal guard ranks slightly quicker and probably be slower on proposing to cadence

Night light would most likely still be as kind as we see him in the show but probably a little bit more like a retired soldier

Twilight velvet would likely write Military romance/adventure books along with most likely being able to sew rather we’ll because of repairing military uniforms

Let me know what you think of this idea

Well, that sounds awesome, I see we share the same fascination for military and empires. I would love to read a story like that. If you need someone to brainstorm, I'm all ears.

And of course, go ahead, if people like it or not, fanfiction is to bring to live your fantasies and stories.

I would allow you to go ahead with your story idea.

While I would love to write it after the first chapter would be done I simply would run out of ideas I put this here so that if anyone wanted to they could have a foundation to write the story if they want any more input I would be glad to help

I'm willing to collaborate

And after reading the general idea đź’ˇ I have a few things I like to add on. Want to hear it?

Well though Shining Armor is Captain of The Guard Celestia looks to twilight for strategy. While twilight is still Celestia's protege she is something of an advisor in important matters.

What if Twilight and her family are secretly the heirs of a German empire/Prussian style nation across the sea from a Equestria

family are secretly the heirs

I was thinking that the secret would come out sometime around the Canterlot wedding with Celestia asking twilight either how she knew battle magic or how she was so good at fighting even though she never showed an interest in it

How Spike be handled since he's part of the family too?

Most likely they will try and keep it a secret from him, or the other possibility if they tell him a little bit at least as much as they can with how old he is and he keeps it a secret

That just feels pretty wrong that they keep him in the dark since he's part of the family too.
It comes off as he is alienated and not really part of them.

Yes that is awesome! I want to write this story.

Well they probably tell him eventually I mean in the show he’s practically a teenager if not younger so if they kept it secret from him That could be a reason

If you want to go ahead I’m just the ideas guy, I’m not very good at getting it on paper

If you want to get an idea of how advanced the German style empire would be think 1912/1918
If you want ideas of what weapons or tech they be using Look at my stormworks Creations on Steam my profile is linked below
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199387904022

It's not going to be far too late when he gets to fully know?

My guess is they might tell him a little bit before just things like a censored version and later on, or at the canterlot wedding when the secret is revealed twilight shining armor twilight velvet and nightlight wold tell everyone as much as they can, my idea for the story is just a frame if anyone makes the story they will be the ones to turn the frame into A library of knowledge and storytelling

Wouldn't he still be upset they didn't give him the whole truth due to censoring it?

Maybe a little but they could explain to him that since he was so young they couldn’t risk him exposing their secret they could also tell him they were going to explain it to him eventually

Though its probably be too late since the whole secret is already out to everyone now I think.

He might still be upset since they basically assumed he won't keep the secret since he's young and all, would come off as still alienating him in a way.

They could say it was either a national or military secret and only people of either certain rank or position in the government had authorization to know

Still he would probably be upset since he's literally the only one in the family left in the dark like that and just left out like that.

Well cadence wouldn’t know neither would princess Celestia any of the family’s close friends
Although he would likely only be mildly upset after the explanation I imagine it would go something along the lines of

(Our empire is strong our empire is vast our empire is advanced and yet thing our empire is not…
It does not long for war it does not wish to be exposed to the outside world and yet my mother and father thought it necessary to learn of the outside world for fear that were we to be discovered we Would be destroyed by all the nations of the world as a threat to their sovereignty yes we were going to tell you eventually in fact the original plan was to tell you on your 16th birthday and in the following weeks we were to visit our grand empire The Germane empire)

While yes I do admit is it A bit theatric I imagine the Germane empire Would have a 1910s style of speaking technology and culture while the rest of the world would have some thing similar to Medieval style weaponry such as crossbows bows and arrows swords spears and the like the most powerful conventional weapons I imagine they would have would be Ballistas trebuchet’s and catapults
All the Germane empire Would have world war 1 style artillery guns planes tanks armored cars uniforms Healthcare and ships which include
Early submarines destroyers heavy and light cruisers battle cruisers battleships.

He probably still be upset since he literally grew up and raised by the them.
That and the fact by the time he did fully know, everyone else outside already knows I think.

I already acknowledge that he will be upset but I was trying to give some context so that you can understand that while ye he would be upset he would at least have an understanding of why and have confirmation that he was going to be told and or shown eventually

Yeah

Though is it really happening after everyone else found out?

About the German bit, I do find it pretty interesting
Had memories of learning a bit about them by playing Call of Duty 3 and Medal of Honor Frontlines

Yes my idea for the time one something along the lines of this I’m not gonna add dates because I would leave that up to anyone who wants to write the story

Twilight is born
A year or so later her and her parents along with her brother move to canterlot
Summer sun celebration
Twilight gets into Celestia’s school
Nightmare moon
Everything happens as it did in the show only with a more strategic twilight
Canterlot wedding
The rehearsal
Twilight gets sent to the caverns
Her and cadence escape the crystal caverns
Celestia is defeated
twilight decides to fight chrysalis in order to protect her mentor
Twilight fight using techniques that only military personnel should know
After cadence and shining armor propel the changelings away twilight is asked how she learned to fight like that
Celestia mentions she seen that type of fighting before from Soldiers of an unknown land
Twilight’s parents help to explain the situation (I’m not sure how that would go)

And that’s as far as I got

Also if you’re wondering what the flag would look like think of the German empire flag only with a six pointed star cutie mark in the center

Just replace the eagle with A six pointed star cutie mark

So do you have any more questions or thoughts

Are you still interested in writing the story ?

I will let you know when I thought of some

Here is my Discord I have a server set up for story ideas where are me and other people from the site discuss them
https://discord.gg/AnqWv3tk

The one for this story is Kaiserin Twilight funkeln I translated it into German

Is this thing still happening

I am not much of a writer but I am a idea giver at times

Yes just been busy

OK just wanted to make sure the idea wasn’t dead

The idea isn't dead. Want to talk ideas?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 39