Canterlot Wedding Blues 551 members · 346 stories
Comments ( 30 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 30

what if Cadence and Shining Armor were just identities made up by Chrysalis and her king and they mind controlled everyone into thinking they were royalty and related to the main cast.

Not a good one: aside from continuity errors in the show and comics, think of the history Shining Armor would have regarding Twilight and their parents, along with all of Equestria itself; adding to this, how do you suppose Chrysalis would have the patience to play Mi Amore Cadenza since birth as well...?

they use their mind control to make everyone think they were always there. Twilight receives the letter and is like "Brother? I don't have a brother." She and her friends go to investigate and then she's suddenly having 'memories' of Shining Armor and Cadence but is confused about why she's hasn't remembered them until now.

Suppose they have mind control, how often do they need to do this for approximately two decades tops...? Either way, the changelings themselves alone were originally never part of the show plan whatsoever beforehand.

I think what he’s saying is that when they enter Canterlot Is when they get mind controlled then they start to remember fake memories

Well here's where the problem kicks in: the forcefield surrounding Canterlot in all three dimensions; what's the guarantee they the changelings can muster up such a spell of this caliber...?

It was never said the force field canceled out spells it was merely a shield to deter enemies and the one casting the shield was under chrysalis’s control so it’s possible she could have made it So the shield would affect anyone inside there’s actually a lot of possibilities it could be the train they used to get there it could be one of the guards it could be something in the food as I said there’s a number of possibilities

And we’ve seen that chrysalis is powerful during this time she was able to take out Celestia, and while we’re not sure if she was using her full power to attack chrysalis it was surely a lot of power she used so it should be no problem to hypnotize a city and then there’s the fact that a unicorn Was able to create the spell and maintain it for several days

It would've been all the same for the other characters in the shield as well; besides, it'd been established that both Shining and Cadance had been in high school together as actual ponies.

Adding to this, how do you suppose they'd get all this love from the others and still have enough to not only maintain their forms but also utilize whatever special move up their sleeves if at that...?

High school? Are you talking about the comics?

If I’m getting what he’s saying right dispel would not change history it would merely add memories that did not happen take for example

Person A
After I went to the VR store I clearly remember getting a call

Person B
You didn’t get a car the vr affected your mind

It would not add history it would ad memories so in a sense they never went to college for they never existed what are you talking about would essentially be you were seeing things as they wanted you to not as they truly happened in this story

Also I don’t have anything against VR I just needed something that would be a stand in

As a matter of fact, yes though I'm referring to the regular comics, not Equestria Girls...

I have not read the comics, nor do I intend to. The comics, for all intents and purposes, did not happen

I wasn't saying anything about memories, just how they'd integrate themselves in Equestrian society; after all, Celestia would've figured out who they were beforehand as soon as they were born as is: speaking of which, Cadence was an orphan by the time Chrysalis was around the Princesses' ages...

Well here’s the thing Celestia wouldn’t know anything was wrong and they wouldn’t have to integrate themselves everyone we just think that’s how they always were

She would because as far as the comics have shown, Celestia and Chrysalis first fought each other about a millennium ago, before the episode, A Canterlot Wedding...

But he said the comics would never of happened in the story it’s an alternate universe that means you can change anything from what happened five minutes ago what happened 1000 years ago

Well fanfic is, by default, noncanon due to being written by people who are not showrunners at all; that being said, let's say for the sake of the argument that the comics are canon altogether: every single event in and out recontextualizes the episodes onscreen, by and large, so to speak of.

Look, what do you want? I told you the comics aren't canon to this and you keep going "But they could be!"

I just want to know what makes it possible for them to be changelings the whole time...

Think of it this way if someone forged documents to create a new identity that person would not have existed the entire time but what if you could alter the memories of those around you and create a new identity while doing that in so doing you would not have to have had it happened the entire time meaning you could’ve Created the identity a minimum of six months prior and a maximum of several years prior

i don't understand why this is so difficult for him to understand

I once heard that stupid people always think they’re right because in their mind their argument is perfect in reality nothing is perfect
Although I also Read somewhere that cadence and Chrysalis got along so I could be wrong but I doubt it

And that's where we are at, the maximum: in order for this to be possible, it'd mean that at the very least Shining and Cadance would be teenagers at the most; also, if Cadance herself was a changeling the whole time, but not Chrysalis, then how would she be able to know, care, and understand love when the queen can't or won't...?

The maximum of several years is anywhere from when they were born to a couple of years ago being one or two
Also as we have established you wouldn’t need that to happen everyone would have artificial memories meaning if this whole argument was artificial memories it never would’ve happened but if I talk to you and continued this argument you would believe it was true
Meaning shining armor and cadence Would’ve never existed they would merely be artificial memories and disguises

Conclusion to this argument shining armor and cadence never existed in this story they were merely disguise of a changeling king and queen and all the memories anyone ever had that included shining armor and cadence were completely artificial merely fabrications

This argument is fun

Whelp, this is the part where I get to stop holding back any longer so to speak: between Sunday and now, I have been using cellphones to communicate back and forth; now, it's time for me to break the ice once and for all nonetheless...

In order for the changelings' plan to work, that would require Chrysalis being patient from day one: granted, the background ponies having duplicates and variations between the series premiere and season two finale; however, in hindsight, it'd have failed because she gave herself away, something that Twilight took note of.

Stop holding back?

I thought you were just saying nonsense or being completely stupid your argument makes no sense you keep ignoring all the answers I give you
while this argument is fun you can only have so much fun talking to A deaf brick wall
So now I shall make my leave and talk to someone who can understand logical thinking

I wasn't talking nonsense because the whole brother thing was nonsense itself: Twilight has two of them, a biological and adoptive, so it'd fallen flat altogether; failing that, she'd have known Shining Armor as an actual pony rather than a changeling outright.

Even with that out of the way, Chrysalis' plot relied on top many moving parts by and large: even with her spies fully integrated into Equestria, she'd have jumped the gun eventually, wedding or not; besides, even a deaf person would've figured this out all the same so dragging them into this made you sound disingenuous...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 30