Canterlot Wedding Blues 551 members · 346 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

So I know I'm the most recent to put a new thread on here but I have a question. Why do so many people say Shining Armor DISOWNED Twilight? He didnt say anything like "You are no longer my sister!" He just stripped her of her Best Mare position and banned her from the wedding for her outburst against Cadance. Now unless banning a family member from a wedding is an act of disownment in itself, which I suppose it could maybe border on, that seems to just be taking it a bit far.

I'm sure that if Twilight had been wrong and apologized everyone would have forgiven her. Like what they said in Post Nupitials or in my own story (my very first one).

I think it comes from the line Twilight says after they all leave.

"I could've gained a sister. But instead... I just lost a brother."

It's likely just Twilight overreacting like she usually does, but when someone that she never fought with, according to her, suddenly acts aggressively to the point where he's telling her to not even show up at the wedding, it can be easy to understand why she would think that.

I guess that makes sense. Yeah. Twilight just assumed the worst like in Lesson Zero.

Good point. This is probably the first time in her life that she's been scolded by her brother, something she's not used to.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4