Anti-FlashLight 133 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

I was debating with a FlashLight drone (Who belive himself to not be a drone) about the whole thing.
Here's some parts of his defense:

hat's a possibility, and I wouldn't hold it against them. Many crushes have simple starts while the connection builds over time. That's what this is.

When the group teases Twilight of her crush, she states that she doesn't even know him (Equestrian Flash)- he just reminds her of the other one. Given how similar everyone's counterparts are, it's only natural she'd feel something around both.

Then, after i have pointed out how he is a Flash Drones and pointed out the many things wrongs with Flash existence he goes

Hahahahahaha xD A "FlashDrone", eh? Hahahahahahaha! Oh geez. That's rich ^_^

*exhale* Alright, alright. Let's try this again. She had a crush...that's it. I merely stated the potential of one to blossom from something simple.

Where exactly does maturity play in? As far as I can tell, most sentients are susceptible to "crushes"

And then

Where does Lauren Faust come into this? xD Establishing her ethos to validate an (out-of-context) opinion?

Keeping eros love out of their focus ensures it won't deviate in that direction; HOWEVER, adding a love interest does not guarantee that problem (especially, in a non-canon movie).

She didn't want Princess Twilight either, but guess who loves it? Me! Seriously though, a love interest doesn't guarantee trouble; especially when it's for a limited time only and/or a non-canon movie.

Eros refers to sexual and/or romantic desires. By definition, a crush falls into that category.

But then he asked me a question that i have no idea how to answer correctly:

If you hold Twilight to your personal standards, any little thing will bother you. Give me a reason she couldn't like him?

Can someone help me?

3593851 Thanks for the help. I was winning the argument? Good to know. I never really understand how im going when i debate with this kind of troll. They ask questions so stupid that i feel my brain getting hurts by it.
Good thing i don't debate many times with this drones, they are a lost cause.

3593767 To answer that: because he's fucking boring.

One of the best romance movies, Before Sunrise, knew that if you want a compelling relationship between two people, the two people have to be equally compelling, while being different enough so that they can learn something about and appreciate and respect each other. Twilight is a very well-rounded character in her own right and (to be fair) she's had three seasons to develop herself as a character.

I wouldn't have a problem with Twilight gaining a crush on Flash if it hadn't been for the fact that there's nothing new, interesting, or anything of substance to him. They bump into each other two times in the course of twenty seconds and she's already guffawing over him like a fool. He says nothing that Twilight wouldn't hear from any other stallion that she would encounter in Equestria had they bumped into each other, so why does he become the one that Twilight's panties get wet over?

Also, and most importantly, Twilight is a pony at mind, and the Flash she falls for is a human. I'd hate to borrow from a cliched movie romance, but in James Cameron's Avatar, the Na'vi are human enough in appearance and Jake spends enough time with Neytiri that a romantic relationship between the two of them would be plausible.

Here? She sees a creature that's completely unlike anything she's ever seen and completely gawks over him in a duration that would have even Stephanie Meyer saying, "Slow the fuck down." Biology and sex drive doesn't work like that.

3594070 That's cool. I have answered to the FlashDrones and he still has to reply to me.

Good to see you cited your former fallacy ^_^' [Going on about how many people hate it]

You seem to have a script in mind for how love unfolds, yet it can start with even the simplest things. Now, this part may alarm you, but it's an extended example. Would you propose there's a link between maturity and sexuality? I take them separately.

As previously said, romantic interest can begin anywhere. You don't always start with a detailed analysis. And it's actually pretty common to be flustered around a crush. By the way, she was flustered long before Flash (being thrown into an alternate universe can do that to ya). Twilight centered herself towards the end, just as Flash became flustered when asking her to the dance. Pretty straightforward stuff.

This was my answer:

That's the point. Flash Sentry attitude towards her is no different how could act anyone else. For this the romance between those two has nothing interesting. Pair Twilight with anyone else on ponyville and, name aside, there will be no differences.
Love can begin anywhere just like it can end quickly.

That aside, his idiocy is so great that im starting to think that im wasting my time there, but i don't that this moron think that he's right.
What should i do?

3595818 Ok, i will quit answering to his replies.
And yes, that Twilight was not the one that we all know and love. Heck, not even the "Pony" version of Twilight is the same of no-EQG Twilight.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8