Warframe 306 members · 33 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

So, for reasons, I've been wondering what Frames the Equestria Girls characters would main if they had Warframe in their world (and with how chill the DE devs seem to be, I'd like to think it exists there).

Note #1: While this is mostly the human characters from Equestria Girls, I will be including some of the Equestrian characters from Friendship is Magic that have either canonically utilized a human form at some point or are regularly used in fanfiction.
Note #2: A more major note is that this will contain some spoilers for the story content. So if you're a newer player and/or haven't at least gotten past The Second Dream, it's recommended you do so before coming back to read this.

Each pick has been chosen based on personality, abilities, and what feels right based on my own interpretations of each character. If you have your own alternate picks, lemme know! I'd love to hear and discuss!

Starting off, of course, with our beloved Rainbooms:
I can see Sunset Shimmer as an Excalibur player. She's a very flexible character, in my eyes. She can be used in many different roles, and have many aspects of her personality amplified or minimized depending on story need. And from the (admittedly small) research I've done on Modding and Loadout balance, Excalibur is much the same way. His abilities make him highly versatile. And I can especially see her graduating to Excalibur Umbra. When I was experiencing The Sacrifice, I was really feeling some "Sunset's Mind Reading Powers of Empathy" vibes.
Applejack was an easy choice: Rhino. Who else could she main but our resident strongman Frame? And before you say Hildryn, no. She actually doesn't have any moves relating to strength. Rhino does. Hyldrin is more about Shield management. But I will accept Atlas as a suitable substitution.
At first, Fluttershy was rather hard to pin down. How does one make Fluttershy play a game where some of the enemies are animals? But that's when it hit me. Fluttershy would make a great Beastmaster! And who's the best Beastmaster in Warframe? Khora! I can totally see her fawning over Venari one minute, then whipping the crap out of a Grineer or Corpus trooper the next, then going right back to fawning over her Kavat. Plus, you need a highly specific Kubrow or Kavat Gene Imprint? Fluttershy's your gal. I'll also accept Titania as a suitable alternative.
Pinkie Pie was another no brainer. Mirage. Because Party Popper Booby Traps and Disco Balls of Doom.
Prior to a certain update, Rainbow Dash was placed with Volt, and I still like that idea. Volt is fast, but is easily maneuvered in tight spaces and has control over electricity (which is similar to Rainbow's ability to kick lightning out of storm clouds). But then...Gauss happened. And now I'm highly torn. I still like the idea of Dash using Volt, but Gauss seems like such a better fit for her because of his solitary focus on speed. So Imma need to hear people debate it out.
I think we can all agree that, of any Warframe, Rarity's main would be Gara. Easily the most fashionable out of the FemFrames, and her glass abilities match Rarity's Geode Power almost to a T. Though one could make an argument for Saryn, I have a better idea for her.
Twilight "Science" Sparkle was a bit tricky. I was caught between Mag and Nova. Both Frames are heavily based on science (one magnetism and one anti-matter). Though I ultimately chose Mag, I can see either one being a good fit.

What better place to go next than the Humanized CMC?
Apple Bloom is where Hildryn eventually ended up. While AB is definitely strong for her age (represented by Hildryn's Weapon of Choice being an Arcgun), it's not one of her defining traits. If anything, the fandom has placed Bloom's ingenuity through the roof; to the point where I could easily accept her being a Vauban main that's the go-to for Zaws, Kitguns, and MOA companions.
Scootaloo got Zephyr because SCOOTALOO NEEDS THE CHANCE TO FLY, DANGIT! TToTT
And Sweetie Belle got Nezha because...well, she probably thought "oh, she's cute!" before learning that Nezha's a MaleFrame, then just shrugged it off after getting connected to her loadout. (#CrappyJustifications)

Naturally we wanna incorporate the Dazzlings in this somehow:
Adagio Dazzle was tricky. There were a few Frames that could be argued for her, and Banshee could be argued for all three. But ultimately, I chose Loki for Dagi. Loki's thing is stealth and enemy manipulation, and Dagi's often portrayed as both trying to keep on the down-low and highly skilled at manipulating others even without her magic. Though, with that Mind Control, I can see her using Nyx.
Aria Blaze was rather easy to pin down once I got the Banshee option out of the way. Ari's often depicted as a punk that'll gladly turn your face into pulp, so what better choice for that than Gore Queen Garuda?
Sonata Dusk got stuck with Hydroid...because...uh...she's a Siren? And Hydroid's a pirate, and pirates were often on the lookout for Sirens and Mermaids? Again, #CrappyJustifications.

And if they're in, we also gotta add the Rainbooms' sorta-kinda-notreally Dark Mirrors, the Shadowbolts:
Lemon Zest was a quick choice. Octavia got chosen early on for someone else. And since I didn't want to repeat Frames, I gave Zesty Banshee.
Indigo Zap was quick as well. She's not particularly a "speedster" like Rainbow, and the only canonical thing we know about her is she's prone to roaring out her devotion to her teams. So Chroma, because dragons roar.
Sour Sweet is often depicted as either Bi-Polar or easily swapping between nice and rude, so the duality of Equinox felt like a decent fit.
Gonna be honest, I have no idea why I gave Ash to Sugarcoat. I made that decision a while ago, and I completely forgot my reasoning.
And since we know nothing about Sunny Flare other than she wears Pipboy-lookin' arm things, I gave her Vauban.

Some human duos that I couldn't see apart from each other:
I had a great idea for Gloriosa Daisy and her brother Timber Spruce. I feel like the combination of Titania and Oberon, respectively, would be an awesome fit for them; seeing as their whole plot was about saving Camp Everfree and the surrounding forests they practically grew up in. Though to get why Titania and Oberon specifically, you have to look at the Frames' namesakes: King Oberon of the Fae Folk and his wife, Queen Titania. Because the original Oberon and Titania were married, that makes it a bit squicky for me to use those Frames for Gloriosa and Timber, who are siblings. And that's where we get to...
Mi Amore Cadenza and Shining Armor. If not the Forest King and his Queen, I'd give Cadence and Shining the Frames Trinity and Atlas, respectively. There's not really a "Love Frame", so I figured Trinity's abilities were close enough. And Shining just doesn't feel like a Frost guy to me. Maybe Wukong or Revenent, but neither of them really fit well either.

Some random assorted humans we know are humans in Human Land:

• Flash Sentry got Mesa. There's literally no connection other than "I wanted to use Flash because he's one of the few named Equestria Girls characters and I have no better Frame to pair him with".
  • Juniper Montage gets Harrow, for the theme of penance because she's a former villain.
  • Suri Polomare (who we've seen in background shots of the CPA students) is a toxic young woman who feels like a good fit for the mistress of toxin damage, Saryn.
  • Trixie Lulamoon as Limbo. If you know either character even by designs alone, you know why that's a good fit.
  • Vinyl Scratch got EARLY dibs on Octavia. Because duh.
  • Wallflower Blush, after much thought, got Ivara because of Ivara's invisibility abilities (Prowl and the Cloak Arrows).

I did promise some Equestrians, didn't I?

• Starlight Glimmer got written down as either another Excalibur (because she's "Sunset 2.0") or Wisp. And I can honestly see either.
  • Twilight "Princess" Sparkle got Nova.

Some assorted Equestrian Denizens that often get pulled in for EG fics:

• Chrysalis as Nidus, because I honestly don't know of any properly Insectoid Frames.
  • Gilda got Ember, because she knows what it's like to get burned after playing with fire.
  • Lightning Dust as Valkyr.
  • Moon Dancer as Frost.
  • Tree Hugger as Baruuk. Because duh.

The only Frames that I don't have any solid character connections for are Gauss, Grendel, Inaros, Nekros, Nyx, Revanant, Wisp, and Wukong. If you've got suggestions, lemme know!

As a bonus, I thought of some NPC connections!
Celestia Principal as Lotus and Celestia Princess as Natah (because it seems like Princess Sunbutt Cakeface always has some secret being kept from "her little ponies")
Luna as Teshin (because I get some similar vibes between NLotus and Teshin that I get from Luna and Tia)
Sombra as Hunhow (because they've both been seen as big spooky fog entity things)

necros zecora or garuda

Okay. It's been a few months, but I still wonder about that connection. I get Nekros and Zecora. In his Profile video, Nekros is compared to shaman, and Zecora has some very stereotypical "shaman-esque" properties. But what about the connection between Zecora and Garuda?

Garoda.... is is more tribal. Blood rituals. Draw power from other to increase her own. But now I think of baruke. (Sorry for miss spelling)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4