Marvel/DC Universes 228 members · 299 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

You love to see it

(Caption he posted to go with the bottom photo)

Wonder Woman 1854 - This amazing image shot by Stephen Berkman of an else-world, war weary Diana, who had chased Aries across the battlefields of the world and had yet to meet Steve, who would help her restore her faith in mankind and love itself.

Y'know, this is the kind of thing that makes Snyder a perfect visual director, but also indicate he keeps missing the point of the characters. Wonder Woman being torn by endless war? Yeah, it makes sense, and the photo is a nice little reference to The War that Time Forgot. But the image of her collecting heads, and showing them as a trophy is really against character. It paints a picture that would indeed make for an interesting Elseworld (or Metal) story, but it's just too conflicted with the base one.

I have a feeling this image was Snyder's original vision for Diana, who would lose herself to war for a century in pursuit of Ares, meet Steve and believe in humanity again (before losing it again) and then we'd get to where she is in BvS.

I honestly believe Snyder would be more comfortable working with his own characters. That one, for example, sounds great, but again, it doesn't sound like the regular Wonder Woman.

Cause it isn't regular Wonder Woman, the multiverse is full of several different types of the DC characters. Just like how Red Son Superman isnt the same as STAS, Smallville, or All Star Superman. It all depends on the character story that's being written and how the director wants to tell the story. Then we'll see how this specific version of the character would react, adapt and/or change

Completely agree. Hence why I say he'd more comfortable doing his own thing. This was WW's first cinematic appearance. The point was to tell her story. If Snyder went for an alternative version, inmediately it's clear the main one wasn't that interesting to him.

Amd that's okay. He has his own style that shines when working on stories that he resonates with, like 300, or of his own, like Sucker Punch.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6