Apple Scratch Verse 275 members · 19 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14
Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

The title says it all.

You have a question about certain characters that are briefly mentioned (for example Twilight's mom), certain points of the world building you didn't understand, or that I held account of but never explicitly written. You can ask, and I'll try to answer it.

Of course, I'll not answer questions about the plot of chapters to come, or plot points of the planned sequel. Also, I'll not answer the questions of the likes of "when is the next update for ..... ?" as I basically don't know that myself.

There you go, fire away.

Mariacheat-Brony
Who wishes you a happy holiday season!!!!

PS: please try to reply to that comment so that I can answer more rapidly thanks to the notification :twilightsmile::scootangel:)

What was the reasoning behind make Crystal Pagétonas one of the top five most powerful Jupitarians currently alive? I've been wondering about that for a loooong time.

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

Well, first of all it was because I liked the character in itself: her characterization, her powers, etc. , so I wanted to give her a more glorifying role. (completely subjective, I know, but I don't care! :trollestia:)
Also, I wanted to add that rough drill instructor persona who won't take crap out of nobody (even from her hierarchic superiors). The only way I thought of doing that was to make her one of the top dogs of the Jupitarian Corps in terms of raw power, and also in terms of influence (many of the now upcoming officers trained with her, and have made it far thanks to that trainings (for example: Silent Cloud who joined the Lunar Guard right after boot camp thanks to her recommandation, (also Spitfire's, but Crystal's would have been enough of a mark of approval for Princess Luna. (Who might appreciate her due to the fact her best Herald, Snow Drop, used to share similar abilities with Pagétonas)

PS: and all the shorts we wrote for fun on Skype together might have also an influence in the character's spotlight

Also, I really need to find a fifth member to that top Five one day :rainbowlaugh::pinkiecrazy:

I guess I could come up with something for a fifth Jupitarian Top-Dog xD

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

Well, the OC submission thread is still open :raritywink:

3879686 Top Five Jupitarians in general or Top Five Jupitarians in the Jupitarian Corps? :rainbowhuh:

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

More among the whole Royal Guard.

3879781 So... what rank would you say Ford Mustang is at presently? :trixieshiftright:

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

Don't really know.... I'll have to think about it.

Regarding with Lead, since it's probably the only metal that can prevent a Titanian from using his/her magic, can Lead affect the other two races? If not, do Eponians & Jupitarians have their own respective weaknesses?

Just to make sure, regarding with the Magic Battle Tournament during the Equestria Games that Vinyl Scratch, Trixie, & Shining Armor participated, can Jupitarians participate in it as well or is it just Titanians?

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

That tournament was the Titanian Magic competition. The one for the Jupitarians still needs to happen.

Well, lead has an effect on all three magics since lead has some sort of radiation stopping power (NB: this is very vulgarized science), but its effects are much less aggravating on Eponian Magic (since its all happening internally), and Jupitarian Magic (though a Jupitarian with lead-made shackles on his wrists is unlikely able to conjure his wings). A Titanian with lead shackles is as powerless as a Devil-fruit user in contact with Kairoseki in One Piece (without the sudden, intense fatigue) and thus is completely incapable of casting spells. Some exceptions have been noted in Equestria's History though. Also, Lead can't moved/levitated/transformed or anything by Titanian Magic.

Oh yeah... you mean that Jupitarian Combat Tournament with Cloud Kicker and Spitfire finally settling their differences once and for all! I totally forgot about that one! :twilightblush:

Anyway, why I was asking about Jupitarians competing in that Magic Competition is because I had this awesome fight scene in mind where Ford Mustang and Shining Armor would face off if they compete for the next Equestria Games! :rainbowkiss: Here's how I envisioned it.

Basically, since Ford Mustang can't bring excess water into the matches, he has to rely on gathering the water molecules from the air itself. So he's at a disadvantage when it comes to sheer destructive power. Instead, he would use his limited source of water for accurate projectiles, water whips & swords, and mist for strategic cover and concealment. So when he faces Shining Armor, Ford's first move is to launch a non-fatal water bullet to the head, but Shining's reflexes are just as quick as he conjures up his armor to block the projectile in time. Throughout the match, Ford dodges Shining's attacks as he tries to cut through his opponent's magic armor, but his bladed water appendages aren't enough to chip/penetrate through Shining's armor. As it look like Ford is at the end of his rope, he puts his grand plan in motion as he creates tiny bullets from Shining's sweat within his own suit of armor and causes them to ricochet and damage the Captain from the inside; turning his greatest strength into his weakness. In desperation, Shining disenchants his armor and Ford take the shot for a direct hit to the forehead with his last water bullet. While the bullet made direct contact, it wasn't enough to knock Shining Armor out of their match despite having a nice bruise on his forehead. Considering that the famed Captain is just as tough without his magical armor, Ford admits his surrender and accepts his defeat humbly. Though to himself, Shining Armor will admit that he may not have survive if their fight was to the death.

True be told, I want to see Ford Mustang and Cloud Kicker fight for gold in the Swordsmanship Tournament for the next Equestria Games. I wouldn't care which one of them wins; I just know it will be epic all the same! :raritystarry::rainbowkiss:

As for your response on Lead, I had a feeling you had a little One Piece influence in there! :raritywink:

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Admin

I just realized I hadn't noticed that little bit of writing about that potential fight with Ford and Shining. Pretty nice! I'm not sure I'd have had it happen that way though.... Oh well, it's not like I plan on writing the next edition of the Equestria Games :p

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14