Fans of Kiss of the Dark 116 members · 8 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

Well here's a essay on Twilight's fall.
Warning this may contain spoilers
The fall of Twilight in the KOTD. Was quite interesting in fact. It had four stages. Stage 1: temptation. The temptation was started by the book that Forest gave her. When Twilight opened it she discovered new powers. Power's which were uncomparable. She was proud of these discovers. And she wanted to learn more. Sadly this power was forbidden. So how did she want to learn it? Going the dangerous way. The dangerous way was embracing it a bit to far. Which leads us to step 2. Step 2: Imperilment. This step was quite interesting, you see she wanted to learn it . Twilight thought she would be learning this for a greater good. And continued studying it. Until she got to powerful. When she got to powerful she blasted several guards, killing them. Now you may think wheres step 3: Submission? Step 3 can't be achieved yet because Twilight is still "gray" in a way which means she's neutral. And paranoid, now then Sombra tell's Twilight to join him. Twilight agrees and joins. They train while Celestia tries to find Twilight. Steps 3: Submission. Step 3 was interesting, you see it was fully achieved when Twilight fully pledged her allegiance to Sombra. Kinda of like what I did, Twilight knew she was now a murder (hint hint wink wink). And couldn't go anywhere. So she got married to Sombra, and they had a moment. Now then the Submission was fully achieved. Twilight was letting go of her past life. And getting use her normal life, of the Queen of Shadows. So now you have a dark queen. Who was powerful. And now the final step: Redemption. Redemption was achieved when Celestia said she never wanted to try Twilight. So Twilight got mixed feelings. Twilight joined Sombra at first. But was beaten back. Sombra then died Twilight had two choices, leave or join Celestia. After that Twilight was pregnant and her son's cutie mark was a dark magic symbol. A remainder of the dark past, and past sins. Reminds me of someone. That some one is my son...
-Darth Vader
Also, if you ever meet my son. Tell him his father forgives him for what I did to his hand.

Salnalus
Group Admin

Cool story, bro.

Really went in-depth, huh?

Believe me hyperspace travel is really long. After the fun of choking your co workers goes away. I start shutting away everything. Think about padme, and then write.

Salnalus
Group Admin

I bet they were fun experiences.

Yeah they were, and also another thing that made me post this was the amazing amount of in activeness of this group so far.

Salnalus
Group Admin

Needs more activitiness... not a real word, but who cares. :moustache:

Just to piggy back: KOTD is an example of what Sombra could have been in the show but unfortunately was abandoned, I love the idea of an extremely intelligent and powerful enemy. It takes the hero or protagonist to their limits in order to overcome the new foe, sometimes even paying dearly for their victory; from the new Kahn (never saw the old one should go back and watch but lazy.avi) to darth sidious (moar sci-fi pls:pinkiecrazy:)....The show failed so hard on this potential...still; KOTD was a master example of what happens when you try to reform someone who doesn't want to change. The whole reason Twilight fell was because of her own curiosity and Sombra being a master manipulator, giving her just enough to keep her wanting more but holding back to make her think the water is safe. Once she was knee deep it was to late and she drown in his lies. Plus the fact that he never needed to use her friends against her; the situation he threw her in forced her to either run or face judgment,either way he could count on Twilight running to him for safety one way or another. The only reason Sombra failed was because there wasn't enough time for the idea of her new life to become her ONLY truth.

Good, Sidious is currently away. He said he would be back in a week or so. It's a good thing. He always disliked this story, because he said it shined him in a bad light. Because of the comparison's to Sombra and to him.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11