Total Drama Bronies 48 members · 21 stories
Comments ( 22 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 22
SuperPinkBrony12
Group Admin

(Spoilers for those that haven't see Pahkitew Island)

Not bad so far, but it's too early to pass proper judgement. I find the theme interesting, but compared to the past couple of seasons this theme feels tacked on.

It's still too early to guess who's going to the finals, though most of the new characters are interesting.

The only other thing to note is that, at least right now there doesn't seem to be a noticeable antagonist character. I don't know if that will change as the series progresses.

What are your thoughts?

Only characters I hate are Sugar (hate, hate, HATE the Southern Pageant character) and Max (because he isn't like the other evil characters (Heather, Al, and Amy) he's not manipulative he's just evil to be evil). Everyone else I got no beef with.

Kinda rooting Samy, or Ella they seem like good characters, though I'm all for Shawn or honesty anyone except those two I mentioned that I don't like.

I'll see who I'm rooting for later when I get a better feel for them all...

I miss Izzy. :fluttercry:

EDIT: Max has kinda grown on me, but not Sugar still hope she dies horribly in a fire, I'm sorry I HATE her with a passion.

SuperPinkBrony12
Group Admin

3427184 I do as well. Perhaps she's on track to become the antagonist of the season.

Oh dear god I hope not. :twilightoops:

I mean come on all the other ones were at least loveable in their own way, you liked to hate them and sometimes you could root for them (need I remind you Heather Vs Al in at the end of World Tour? or the Villainous Vultures last season?) but Sugar, she has no redeeming quality's, normally stupidity is funny, but hers it's just. :facehoof:

Personally I hope she leaves ASAP! I mean come on Amy could be a good antagonist, and that book girl (whose name I forget) by making Max's things actually work, but Sugar, just no.

An antagonist needs to be someone you can love to hate, someone you can enjoy rooting against, but I'm rooting her because I hate her guts with a passion.

In other news, $5 says finals will be Amy Vs Samy. Twin free for all, that would be entertaining.

And off topic but needs to be said I miss Izzy. :raritycry:

Alright Rodney's starting to annoy me.

In other news current shippings are as follows.

Scarlet X Max

Jasmin X Shawn (DUH they're the couple in the opening)

Sky X Dave

EDIT: Forgot to say that I miss Izzy.

I hats Sugar even more now. :twilightangry2:

That f:yay:cking b:yay:tch!

I really hoped they would have lost so that she would be voted off. :fluttercry:

I mean COME ON! Elle was a much better character, now she's gone because Sugar is a b:yay:itch! :raritydespair:

Don't know who to root for now, aw well long as Sugar looses I'll be fine. Maybe Monday.

Also I miss Izzy. :raritycry:

SuperPinkBrony12
Group Admin

3437014 I kind of figured that when Elle fell for Dave she was doomed, because that meant she had not only the jealous Sugar to cotend with, but also Skye since she'd be seen as stealing Dave away, and Dave would want her gone so he could have a chance with Skye.

I actually didn't see Ami and Sami's double elimination on Thursday, I thought for sure Jasmine would be voted off because she threw the challenge to save Shawn.

Honestly I've been thinking about this.

Sugar should have been voted off way back in episode two. Yes Lenard lost them the competition BUT it was because of her insisting he be the final leg since she thought he was really a wizard.

Think about it. :trixieshiftright:

Whoops also forgot to say that I miss Izzy.

SuperPinkBrony12
Group Admin

3443075 Leonard should've been the first one sent home, HE was the one who thought it was a good idea to build a wizard tower.

Yes, but he also actually assisted, Beardo did nothing to help the team but make sound effects.

Also, I'm not gonna say I miss Izzy this time...

I miss Explosevo.

SuperPinkBrony12
Group Admin

3443204 I'm starting to hate Jasmine. She made the decision to throw the challenge to help Shawn. Not to mention she knows he's the enemy, so it's only natural that he'll want to help his team win. If Jasmine can't accept that Shawn will ultimately be both a love interest, and a competior, then she doesn't deserve him.

I just hope Max won't start going after Scarlet. He was the one who insulted her by treating her like a sidekick. And he got on his team's bad side through his own stupidity.

While I see what you're saying, I can't agree I still enjoy her, I mean yes her throwing the challenge then getting annoyed was hypocritical, but that's just because she doesn't understand Shawn fully.

Remember she thinks the whole zombie thing is a joke, so she didn't think he'd go for the head. She didn't know he thought she was a zombie, so her annoyance makes sense.

Also Scarlet will go after Max, even if it's just a ploy to learn where he hid the electronics so that she can do what he's been trying to do. Or to be closer so that she can continue doing what she's been doing and act as a puppet master basically.

But that's just my opinion on the matter.

SuperPinkBrony12
Group Admin

3444213 Yes, and sadly from the looks of things Sugar is taking steps towards being the antagonist. Since she's planning towards the merger. However, she still has yet to truly arrange for a contestant's elimination. If Dave had rejected Skye's idea, Elle probably wouldn't have sung. Though Elle probably still would've been eliminated anyway since only Shawn wouldn't have anything against her.

Honestly, if it weren't for the whole archetype of southern pageant queen, I wouldn't mind her at all, but it's just that whole character type, I just can't stand it! She thinks she's all that but she's really nothing, also I think Sugar would have left since she refuses to work with a part of the team, but admittedly that's just wishful thinking. :ajsleepy:

But back on topic she's like that Jersey girl from Revenge (forget her name but you know who I'm talking about probably I can't go on any wiki to look it up because I've almost been spoiled just trying to find character names before) ,it's not even her that I disliked it's the archetype of thinking you're so much better just because you're from Jersey. You know who the best person from Jersey ever is? Jon Stewart, and the only reason I know about that is because of when he talked about Jersey's governor and mocked his corruption for not being Jersey level (by that I mean to little it was a very funny segment).

Nothing against Veto though, maybe because Mike himself was a good character? Anyway that's for another time, point is sugar's archetype as a Southern Pageant girl is what really kills her with me.

SuperPinkBrony12
Group Admin

3444235 Indeed. And that Jersey girl was Anne Marie, a.k.a the girl who constantly kept spraying her hair.

Thanks, I disliked her more then Sam, and I really had a vendetta with him, he got better but it's the whole thing with Game Addiction that just pisses me off, but that's a rant for another day.

Point is, he got better, but at first I genuinely hated him, but she was more annoying because of the type of character she was supposed to be.

Also why didn't they have Izzy on All Stars? Again different time, just wanted to say it because, I'm not sure if you realized this but I miss Izzy.

SuperPinkBrony12
Group Admin

3444463 There were a lot of characters that All-Stars could've brought back. Like Owen, DJ, Harold, Noah, Justin, Brick, B, and Dawn to name a few.

Again, different subject, different place on the forums, I was just saying it as a verity on my normal I miss Izzy thing that I've said basically every time because I really do.

SuperPinkBrony12
Group Admin

3444517 I'm sorry to say that Pahkietw Island went downhill really fast. It got too meanspirited, and the finale, part way through it made so that we're suppose to hate both of the finalists, and the ones trying to sabotage them. It's only slightly better than Action. It would've worked so much better if it had gotten rid of Sugar earlier, and dialed back on the mean spirited humor. :twilightangry2:

Hopefully Total Drama will pick back up next year, and I really want an all girl finale. We're long overdo for one.

Dude, spoilers I'm on the west coast, and it won't be on for a couple more hours.

I can't really say it made me hate them, more so Chris.

Yes Sky should have come clean to Dave, and hell yes Dave way overreacted, yes Jasmine also overreacted (though admittedly she got over it).

Overall, I can't say I really hated it, certainly not one of the better finales, but overall still enjoyable IMO.

Also we had an all girl one in Action, remember? Gwen Vs. Beth?

Also, really, Action's your choice for the worst? :rainbowhuh:

SuperPinkBrony12
Group Admin

3457207 Action had the CourtneyxDuncanxGwen love triangle issue right from the start, and it continuiously used it up until Courtney departed. Not to mention Courtney was not a compelling antagonist, and even Owen started acting like a jerk briefly despite previous feelings of guilt. There was also Geoff's sudden burst of Chris like behavior during the aftermaths, and the fact that he and Bridgette were flanderized into a kissing couple. When characters like Heather and Lindsay seem like they have a point, something is clearly wrong. The one good thing about it was the character development for Heather.

And the Action finale was Duncan v.s. Beth. And it wasn't really much of a finale since it ultimately just came down to a vote, and the show went to great lengths to show that Duncan and Beth aliennated a lot of their friends with their actions.

World Tour suffered from having to carry over that love triangle affair. All Stars, at the very least, knew when to stop make Courtney act all whinny and bratty. When she started acting bossy again, it got her eliminated.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 22