Making Dreams 26 members · 40 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

This is a copy of my blog.

I just woke from it. Here’s how it went. This was all happening about half an hour after I fell asleep. Some weird dream half awoke me. I opened my eyes a little (or maybe I was dreaming it, I don’t know) and I saw some faces floating around the bed. Some of them were coming closer. It felt non-boring, and I like having monsters in my bed, so I closed my eyes and let myself go deeper.

Then something weird started happening. It was like some force was ripping me out of my body. I could see my own face. I was detaching from it. The rest of my ghost body was detaching from the rest of the body.

My spirit arms were the last thing to detach. They felt heavy and bound.

I was floating above my body. I saw myself lying on my back across the double bed. That’s not how my actual bed looks like, so I knew right there and then that it was all just a dream.

Anyways, the force that pulled me out of my body kept pulling me away. I didn’t have any popcorn with me, but I wanted to experience it fully, nonetheless. So I let myself be pulled away.

I felt myself flowing across the sky. There were some basic geometric shapes floating around, mostly simple cones. There were a couple of cartoons mermaids like dolls, also. They felt kind of out of context.

Anyways, everything was getting brighter and brighter. My arms no longer felt heavy. I spread them out and felt free as I soared across the skies.

I went further, reaching space. I wasn’t sure if breathing in that environment was okay. I also wondered if I actually needed to breath. It was time for experimentation. Yay, dream science! I focused on not breathing because I wanted to know if I would feel the urge to breathe.

After a couple of seconds of space voyage, I saw a city like structure floating on a cloud. It looked kind of like this:

The surroundings were blue, so apparently I wasn’t in space anymore. And there was beautiful music playing in the background. Everything felt quite serene.

Before I could get any closer, however, I felt the need to breathe. Damn you, instinct-driven reptilian brain! The urge to ghasp woke me up from this interesting dream.

I’ve been through sleep paralysis several times; I lucid dream almost every week; but this was the first time I had an out-of-body experience.

I kind of feel a little woe about this whole experience now. There aren’t any more mysteries in this world for me to experience. It’s just the old boring reality from here on. Oh, well. I still have my convoluted fantasies in my head to keep me company. I’m content with that.

Anyways, have you experienced anything ‘mysterious’ in your life?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1