Sunset Shimmer Shippings 1,138 members · 721 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10
lmagine
Group Admin

This is a Sunset Shimmer group, so it's obvious this was coming. So, what do you think of Sunset Shimmer? Hate her, love her, don't care? I'd like to know. Also, place the reasons why you like her or why you hate her.

Me and my friend thought she was going to be a good guy..... then EQG happened

But I still love her (Character)

Love her obviously, but EG totally mucked her up as her master plan had several glaring holes in it which didn't really help her competence as a villain in the eyes of other fans and that by extension has made some believe that she was a weaker character.

He two-second one-eighty at the climax-or rather anti climax of the film was just that; Anti-Climactic.

I thought she was going to be a cool new character in MLP until EG showed up. Even after the movie, she's one of my favorite characters and I love seeing how fanfiction can expand her. I think she has some of the largest potential of any of the "new" characters and easily one of the coolest back grounds.

I just tend to ignore the movie, really, and focus on her as a pony. :rainbowwild:

On the flip side however, she is icy bitch and FAR more brutal on Fluttershy than Gilda was and given that's the pretty much the collective fandom's Achilles' heel, it gives her bonus points for villain-ness.

She also turned into a demonic entity with an army of zombies (well, hormone driven teenagers in high school-same thing more or less.)

Betrayed Celestia, stole Twilight's crown/the Element of Magic, drove a wedge between the Mane Six without relying on any form of illusions or love/mind control spells.

Plus, she has a cool jacket.

:rainbowdetermined2:

lmagine
Group Admin

She does indeed have a cool jacket.

Fernesh
Group Contributor

- Her design is awesome :raritystarry:
- Her voice actress is really good :pinkiehappy:
- Her backstory is one of the best of the show :yay:
- Her past, goal, and name makes her the 'Twilight's antithesis' :rainbowdetermined2:

... But her character is just the same bully type that we had since the begining of the show (Trixie, Gilda, Lightning...) :fluttershysad:

lmagine
Group Admin

Sigh, if only she came back to get more character development. That would make my day.

Basically this. I keep calling her "Super-Trixie" ("Nega-Twilight" also works) because that's what she is, especially after her comic treatment (which I will admit I wasn't a fan of). What keeps her being even slightly interesting is the "edge" her character has that we don't normally get from pony. She has no rulebook to her "villainry"; she just does what she wants, when she wants (even if it's, uh, not very well-thought out.)

Last time we saw that was Gilda -- neither of those two really feel like they fit in the confines of what makes an MLP "antagonist," and their character potential far outshines how they've been executed thus far. Still love them both though -- probably way more than any fan should. :heart:

Also Sundowner Theme song fit her which make her awesome and her name means an RED SUN

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10