~The Decent Writers Club~ 1,674 members · 9,286 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

Hey there, people on the internet! This is a shameless plug telling you guys about a small-time review series I've begun that hinges on the Library Feature of the site. One of the Bookshelves I have set up is called "The Floor," and is reserved for stories that I, for one reason or several others, do not like. So to give reason to my action, I also review those stories shortly after adding them to said Bookshelf!

Here are the first two reviews, kept together since they began the series. And here's the third, added just the other night. Most of the time, the stories I read are ones I merely stumble upon, so none of these were requested. I do these reviews because I enjoy doing them.

Do you have a story in mind that you'd like to see get the Floor review? Have you written one that you want to put up for scrutiny? Am I just wasting you time? Let me know what you think, especially if you have suggestions on more stories that hardly deserve recognition.

Note that the reviews are purely of my own opinion. I acknowledge that I may piss people off with what I say, but I aim to address the problems I see in a blunt and understandable manner. Don't kill me.

Now I'm wondering if I should have you review my crappiest story or one of the ones I'm proud of... decisions decisions.

3915668 Flip a coin? Or a bit? Wait, does the Equestrian Bit have a heads-side/tails-side?

So flip a coin, have you review one, THEN have you do some of the others later... because I love feedback.

So do I just PM you or what?

3916138 Sure, or comment anywhere. This place, the blog reviews, yadda yadda. Will you want feedback even if you don't make the Floor? Most likely, but still...

I'll shoot you a PM with the link to the story I'd like reviewed I guess. (one of my better ones, unless you WANT the horrible one I now wish I never made because it's horrible) Hope I make the cut :pinkiecrazy:

3875907 arent there enough of these review groups already?

3916515 Groups, yes. I didn't feel like subjecting myself to their rule lists, and I always feel like reviewing in a group lessens the impact of my own review. So I do it on my own.

Short answer: I make my own rules.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8