~The Decent Writers Club~ 1,674 members · 9,286 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

I need some help with an AU where the main six weren’t there to stop Nightmare Moon instead six humans(they became ponies when they arrived equestria) from our world had to do it instead. Being from our world and fans of the show they gathered the main six afterwards.

Mostly the story is fine but I’m thinking of doing a story line during the events of “Suited for Success” and I’m having trouble with dress Ideas. For the main 6 I’m mainly going with their cannon dresses. It’s some of my original characters I having trouble with.

Before I get to my OCs I should tell you what happened to Rarity in this story(because she’s still designing the dresses). Rarity never found the gem in the rocks, instead she almost gave up fashion, until her aunt Sparkler looked over her designs and took her to Manehattan. In the time frame of the story(at least at the start) she doesn’t consider herself generous. She came to Ponyville only because it gave her a line to Princess Celestia.

The first I am having trouble with is Brenda, an earth pony. She’s a perky, cheerful party animal but not to Pinkie’s degree. She has a white coat and cheerful yellow and a perky orange mane. Her cutie mark is a cheerleading pom pom. She replaced Pinkie as the element of laugher. Notable accomplishments are trying to purify Nightmare Moon with a joke, listening to Maud giving a lecture about rocks for over an hour without falling asleep and mocking Discord(she knew it was a bad idea but she was trying to throw him off his game.). My current idea for her dress is something Loud, perky, and cheerful but I don’t have any concrete ideas.

Next is Sophia Holmes, she’s a unicorn. She a calm nerd, the only one to yet get her to show any emotion other than calm level-headiness (at least without the emotion itself being overpowering) is Twilight Sparkle. But make no mistake she does have emotions, she just does show them often (think Maud or Princess Celestia). She has a blue coat. Her mane and tail are brown and cut short for easy maintenance. She has gray eyes. Her cutie mark is of an open book. She replaced Twilight as the element of magic at the defeat of Nightmare Moon. Notable accomplishments are charting a path through the Everfree forest, giving Twilight Discord’s cannon riddle hidden as a puzzle and managing to force Discord to change her like he did Fluttershy in cannon(She had an unfair advantage she knew Discord’s MO from the show). My current idea for her dress is something nerdy but there is one thing you should know she wears glasses and in my head cannon Equestria doesn’t have the technology for contacts, so any dress design will need to include them.

Third is Alex Martinez, a Hispanic Azteca(well currently, back in the human world she was just Hispanic) pegsi. She straight forward, prone to acting and speaking without thinking and the only one of the replacement elements that doesn’t know the show first hand instead she only knows what her sister, Faith, told her. She athletic and in tune with her body to extent that she picked of flying after two tries(although she wishes she didn’t run into that ‘cute’ stallion the first time). She is the one who most wants to go home and be human again. She has a fawn brown coat and a coffee brown mane styled into a low pony tail. Her cutie mark is of a basketball(she’s a team player). She replaced Rainbow Dash as the element of loyalty. Notable accomplishments are turning down Nightmare Moon(disguised as Princess Luna) when she offered a way home, messing up almost every My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic reference and her only comment when Discord took her wings was “Darn it, I’m still a horse”. My current ideas for her dress are Sporty or Simple and elegant(like a little black dress).

Fourth is Libby. She a southern farm hand(now would be farm hoof) from the more eastern south. She’s direct, straight forward and not afraid to speak her mind even when her views may not be popular. Also she is by far the most Christian of the group (most of the time it doesn’t come up, she not a bible thumper). She is also by far the most responsible of the humans turned ponies. For example she already has a job at the start of the story while the others are still getting used to Equestria. She is dirty lawn green earth pony mare with a rusty red mane in a short loose pony tail. Her cutie mark is on a well-maintained plow. She is the element of honesty which defeated Nightmare Moon. Notable accomplishments are convincing Charity(descripted below) to abandon her plan to find the main 6 because “These here plants will die without enough sunlight.” and attempting to calm down the antics of the CMC by telling Applebloom to have fun and not obsess over her cutie mark. My current idea for her dress is ponified version of the Southern bell look.

Ok now we get to the two I think I already have good ideas for. The first is Megumi Nakamura. She’s a shy artist turned unicorn. But unlike Fluttershy social situations are the main thing she fears. Her art is good enough that you can see the emotions of the subjects and since coming to Equestria she has a new medium, illusions, which she often uses subconsciously to make herself unnoticed. She’s a white unicorn mare with a black mane and very dark brown, almost black eyes. Her cutie mark is Kanizsa Triangle(namely an optical illusion). She is the element of generosity. Notable accomplishments are giving up her lunch when she first came to Equestria, drawing painting so life-like that you can see the emotion in them and had the longest conversation with the fewest words per minute with Fluttershy. My current idea for her dress is a Kimono both for her Japanese heritage but also because she fits some of the characteristics of a Yamato Nadeshiko. I just need to decide on an exact color scheme and pattern.

The last of my OCs in need of dress is Charity, Brenda’s sister. She’s a kind, caring, drama queen. She is by far the one that wants things to go how they did in the show, so much so that when she found out the main six weren’t in Ponyville she immediately set out of a quest to find them (scaring Mrs. Cake in the process). She has a calm yellow mane, a snow white coat and gentle blue eyes. Her cutie mark is broken heart held together with a Band-Aid. She is the element of kindness(only partially by choice). Notable accomplishments are stopping the quest to stop Nightmare Moon to free Angel from a bush, attempting to befriend Discord early(Princess Celestia told her to come up with a back-up plan on how to defeat Discord, befriend him had the nice properties of being known to work and forcing Twilight to use Fluttershy(or at least that’s what she thought before Discord turned on her after hiding Fluttershy)) and not being born in a girl’s body(explained below). My current idea for her dress is a simple blue number (I have made two versions of it using the hub’s pony creators).

Now we get to the boy of the group, John, Charity’s brother/male half. John came first(for certain values of first) but upon arriving in Equestria during a surgery to repair damage from the same his body split into his current body and Charity. In personality he is almost exactly like Charity but male (i.e. kind, caring and dramatic). He is unsure what to make of Charity. He shares the same snow white coat, calm yellow mane and gentle blue eyes as Charity but his mane is shorter and more male. He also shares the same broken heart held together with a Band-Aid cutie mark as her. Notable accomplishments are charging Nightmare Moon for a distraction and arguing against a Polygyny (one male, multiple females) relationship (it’s Luna’s idea). Since male fashion seems as simple in Equestria as on Earth, he’s simple.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1