~The Decent Writers Club~ 1,674 members · 9,286 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

During a Skype call with one of my fellow bronies, we somehow got to talking about Tartarus and Cerberus. He wanted to know more about the place, I wanted to know more about the creature. Fast-forward a few minutes, and we're discussing other mythos recently seen in the show - namely, Orthros.

That sparks an idea. "What is Cerberus and Orthros are, I dunno, related? Cerberus is guardian of Tartarus, and Orthros is the clumsy not-distant-enough cousin who can't keep an owner?"

The result was an hour-long editing job of which I'm proud.

I even got a prologue drafted in the same day, but due to time constraints, I lost my spark. Plus, I keep seeing links to RwR and The Other Side in my Drive folder, so I'm guilt-tripping myself into not taking on more work.

That said, here's an image without the author tag: http://i.imgur.com/17YlSAH.png. Take it, be funny, call shenanigans. I offer this to ANYONE. But wait, download in the next five minutes and receive a free blessing!

[Yes, this is just copy-pasted from my blog. Shut up, I need coffee.]

3356682 I actually kinda did this already. Not only that, but I did this long before the episode Trade Ya! came out. Although I must say, I had a very different view of Orthrus than Scott Sonnerborn did. :ajsmug:

In Greco-Roman mythology, Cerberus and Orthrus are brothers, so the idea certainly has some merit. Actually, I always thought that Greco-Roman mythology was semi-canon to the FiM universe ever since It's About Time. I've made reference to it a few times myself in my own stories, as well as other mythologies.

3357261 Ah. I guess people can ignore the idea then. Oh well, the work on the picture was still kinda fun, plus I learned a few tricks from it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3