Brainstorming and Story Swap Directive 196 members · 188 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Title: "Alicorn Batpony Toaster"
Tags: Comedy, Slice of life, (Drama)
Characters: OC, Twilight Sparkle, Celestia, Luna, (Mane 6)

"There's a story behind this. It surprisingly makes sense."

Summary of concept:

"Here's an alicorn-batpony-toaster, and this is her life." Exploration of an unusual character concept and her unique physiological quirks, mostly played straight; various (comedic) interactions with canon ponies (Twilight, Celestia, Luna, Mane 6); backstory and family-situation explored via dream flashback snippets while Luna is watching.

EXCERPT:

After some more awkward silence, Nightbread let out a defeated sigh. “...My mom had an accident with a love potion, okay?”

“But– but that's not... That doesn't explain– How would she even...?”

“Magic.” She cut the other mare off swiftly.

“But that doesn't... A toaster doesn't even–“

Magic.” She pronounced more forcefully with a strained smile, heat rising to her cheeks.

“But... but...” Twilight opened and closed her mouth silently, making a remarkable display of imitating a goldfish.

“Look,” Nightbread said with the strained patience of somepony who'd been asked the very same question far too many times. “I'm not going to ask you how your parents did it, and you stop asking me. Deal?”

“Ahh.” Twilight said intelligently.

I've already got a draft for some of the scenes in the story, but the story concept has potential for more.

Proofreading or editing is not required, at the moment I'm just looking for people to do a quick read and brainstorm ideas for what more to write. :twilightsmile:

Anybody interested in the concept? :rainbowhuh:

If so, you can find the Google Docs draft here. :pinkiesmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1