Brainstorming and Story Swap Directive 195 members · 190 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Hi, I tried to find a thread like this here, but I didn't see one.

I was trying to think up ways for Spike to grow up that combines what we know from the series from my weird need for all Western style dragons to have wings. I don't really want to just be like "and then Spike had wings LOL. Deal with it!" I want to make it make sense. So I was thinking, if dragons grow up by increasing their horde can that be manipulated in a manner that isn't forced or stilted into Spike aging, at least until adulthood, something like a pony.

While I was pondering this, I thought that perhaps the dragon magic that makes them age as their horde grows, has different affects on the dragon depending on how their horde grows.

I also really liked Capn_Cryssalid's idea that dragons get their wings when they do something that is by definition "dragon". If you don't know what I'm talking about you really need to read his "Best Night Ever-Verse" stories, they are great.

So I was thinking if this dragon magic, having a direct effect on the dragon via how they grow their horde, caused Spike to get stupider as he aged because he was stealing everything in sight and being extremely, unhealthily greedy. We know the giant red dragon was relatively intelligent, intelligent enough for Fluttershy to reason with at least.

So in my musings I was thinking that perhaps the thing Spike needs to get wings and possibly get a little bit bigger, is to hunt and take a trophy. Not like a "great white hunter" rack of the biggest antlers or head of the baddest m effer around kind of trophy. More like a trophy as a sign of respect for the animal he just killed.

I'd like to open a discussion on this with anyone interested. Please share your ideas on how Spike can get his wings and/or grow up a little bit. Let me know what you think about mine. Thanks! :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1