Human in Equestria 16,819 members · 16,976 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

You're the new transfer student at the esteemed Canterlot High School, having moved from Las Pegasus a week as your father begins his brand new start-up venture in a brand new city. Though reluctant at first, you eventually came to accept the idea of starting over in a whole new school. Your first impressions of Canterlot High was neutral to say the least, everyone was friendly and nothing particularly stood out, except maybe a company of seven girls which stood out amongst the rest. Especially the one with a fiery hair. You never got her name though.

The next day, however, you noticed a phone on your doorstep. A few dings and scratches but nothing too bad, but as you turned it on, things take a rather spooky turn. As the boot up screen glitches to reveal the girl with the fiery hair running in the darkness with only the light of her phone illuminating glistening tears streaming down her cheeks. Her voice, frantic and distressed, laced with fear. "I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have done it. I don't want to take anyone else. Please don't find me." The girl, Sunset Shimmer, as the phone reveals to you is in trouble, and everything inside of you is telling you to find her.

What follows is a spine chilling journey shrouded in secrets, lies and deception. Everyone is an enemy, everyone is a friend, and as you unravel the dark mystery behind Sunset's disappearance, you'll soon be forced to learn that not everything is as it seems. The clock is ticking. Can you find Sunset before she is lost for good?

Yes, this story is loosely inspired by the mobile games Sara Is Missing and Simulacra, except the whole story won't be told from a mobile phone. You, the protagonist, will be using Sunset's phone, moving from location to location as you work your way through the clues to Sunset's last known location as you're bogged down by the thought that Sunset's friends, the main six might not be who they say they are.

I watched Jack play Simulacra and damn that game had atmosphere

So can we just call the police? (If that seems stupid sorry, I haven’t seen these games)

The phone would probably erase itself if you went to the police, not to mention you'd be considered a suspect. There's where the creepy supernatural stuff comes in.

So is the phone like possessed or something? That’s... creepy

Malicious malware and spyware, I'd imagine.

Based on the game it is. The SIRI on the phone is demonic.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7