CMC Clubhouse 971 members · 2,137 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
MLPfield 3
Group Admin

CMC Clubhouse 100 member appreciation contest

If you’re reading this it means that we have officially hit one hundred members. It may have taken us longer than I wanted it to, but we did it and I’m proud we did it. I started this group on August 31st, 2013. I was happy to see so many people such as Ijab, arcum42, SweetAI Belle, Logan Whooves, and Sweetiebellema121 contribute to the group. I could name off the whole list, but I think to save me some time you should just go click the members button. If it wasn’t for all of y’all then I wouldn’t be having this contest and I would still be just bored out of my mind on xbox. This group pulled me out of a rut and set me on a bit better of a path. I’ve met some crazy people along the lines and in truth I wouldn’t want it any other way. I’m happy to be posting this knowing that we accomplished something. Now for the hard shit... Rules and regulations.

Rules of the contest

1. Entering in the contest is simple. You have to put your work into the Contest folder. We accept music, fanfiction, art, and animations. All music, art, and animations will be put in a special thread. DO NOT START A CONVERSATION IN THIS THREAD... THAT GOES FOR US ADMINS TOO. The thread will be for entries only. Anyone caught starting a conversation in the group will have their comment deleted and shall be removed from the contest.

2. No plagiarism. We will not accept plagiarism and will most likely result in immediate ban from the group. We do accept remixed songs, with permission from the original author, but art and animations must be original. Plagiarism rule doesn’t affect work already submitted to Fimfiction. The work will be based off a few things such as grammar, punctuality, transition of setting, and overall creativity.

3. There will be no assistance given from the admins. If you need a proofreader, editor, and or a consultant, you can direct yourself to the forums. No admins are to respond to help.

4. The contest will be open for six weeks. After that we will move into the judging process, which should take no more than two weeks, then into polls. Polls will have the finalist work featured in a pinned thread and we ask you vote. All votes should be put in the comment section. After we close the polls after one week, we will tally up the votes and contact the winner. AGAIN DO NOT START A CONVERSATION IN THIS THREAD.

5. Any art can be submitted as banners or any other choice of sizing. If you wish for your work to be made as a banner when you submit it put (Banner work) on the side of your art. If you wish for it to be icon art for the groups icon then put (Icon art) on the side. All art must contain at least one of the CMC.

6. Fanfics can be of any kind. Clop included.

7. The prize will be random. Nobody knows what the prize is or how much it cost. I will be picking it up come around the 18th or 25th.

8. All work entries must be about the CMC.

9. The contest will be ongoing accepting submissions until October 22. There is a word limit of fifteen thousand words, we do not need a full blown novel on our hands. We are busy and have other matters to attend to so try and keep it in that margin. The story can have multiple chapters as long as it does not exceed the word limit.

When exactly does the contest stop taking submissions?

Can you feature CMC OCs in loo of the CMC from the show?

That is all. Equestria is ours.

:rainbowwild::derpytongue2:

Are there restrictions to fanfiction? (No OC, no ponified humans, etc.)? I'm not understanding it fully.

Also, I checked the folders and I don't see one for the contest. I'm sorry for these questions.

Six weeks. Hmmm I guess I could try to do something.

MLPfield 3
Group Admin

1723768 October 22nd. A story can only be submitted if it involves one of the four known CMC members. If you want it to also involve an oc than it is fine as long as the plot mostly circulates around one of the known four.

1723771 Look at the reply to Jenkins. And anything goes as long as it involves on of the known four.

1724119 Please do.

1724552 What other restrictions are there on the fan fiction?
I imagine that it has to be published during the days of the contest, and not prior to it...

Is there a word limit? For example, If i wrote a 30K one-shot, I'd like to know that whoever is judging it would get around to reading it...

What if what I wrote is a chapter of a longer story, can you submit single chapters?

What about collaborations, can those work?

(currently all the questions I can think of that I want clarification on) :unsuresweetie:

Fanfiction! *thinking*
If I complete my CMC: Nights crossover, would you accept it?

Do they all have to be one-shots? Or can they be chaptered? If the latter is acceptable, what's the maximum chapters the story has to hold?

MLPfield 3
Group Admin

1728676 The contest become active the moment we hit one hundred members and will be ongoing accepting submissions until October 22. There is a word limit of fifteen thousand words, we do not need a full blown novel on our hands. We are busy and have other matters to attend to so try and keep it in that margin. The story can have multiple chapters as long as it does not exceed the word limit.

1728740 As long as it does not exceed the word limit.

1728911 No it does not have to be one shot.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9